DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

1 hour ago, Zegl said:

Yes! I'm from Central America and mine changed to preselection made about two weeks ago.  I think the preselection is regional. Someone else said that the results for this scholarship would be out in the second half of May ?

I am from Brasil. Nothing has changed for me yet. Still paper copies received... hope they release the results this month.

@italians

Any news? Today I was wondering on our DAAD website and I found that

Applications for ongoing calls for proposals will continue to be received and processed, Commission meetings will partly be held by Video conference or decisions will be taken on the basis of written documents.

So somebody had the interview, but the fact that we didn't doesn't mean we won't have scholarship (maybe). 

I think my hope it's kinda hard to kill hahahha

The website was updated on April 20, so it's not an old news (I guess)

2 minutes ago, _Bea_ said:

@italians

Any news? Today I was wondering on our DAAD website and I found that

Applications for ongoing calls for proposals will continue to be received and processed, Commission meetings will partly be held by Video conference or decisions will be taken on the basis of written documents.

So somebody had the interview, but the fact that we didn't doesn't mean we won't have scholarship (maybe). 

I think my hope it's kinda hard to kill hahahha

The website was updated on April 20, so it's not an old news (I guess)

Where did you find this info?

I applied last march for the short term PhD grants and the office in Rome told me that results *should* be available in about 4 months. But I doubt it, since you guys have been waiting for a result for such a long time..

3 minutes ago, Valyti said:

Where did you find this info?

I applied last march for the short term PhD grants and the office in Rome told me that results *should* be available in about 4 months. But I doubt it, since you guys have been waiting for a result for such a long time..

Here: https://www.daad.de/en/coronavirus/

But I was talking about the Masters's one, don't know if it also applies to PhD ?

Before I said that I found that on the italian DAAD website, but now I realise it is on the general one, I just found the link on the italian site.

I don't know if I should write a mail, because our deadline was in november... That's quite more than 4 months hahaha

3 minutes ago, _Bea_ said:

Here: https://www.daad.de/en/coronavirus/

But I was talking about the Masters's one, don't know if it also applies to PhD ?

Before I said that I found that on the italian DAAD website, but now I realise it is on the general one, I just found the link on the italian site.

I don't know if I should write a mail, because our deadline was in november... That's quite more than 4 months hahaha

Yeah if I were you I'd just ring them or send them an email, the lady on the phone is always super kind and polite. I sent them an email because I've already called them about 4 times before applying lol 

On 5/2/2021 at 5:15 PM, oneuronaut said:

Hello everyone.
Does somebody know about the conditions of actually receiving the funding?
In the award letter, they say that the scholarschip will become 'active' only in case i will make it to the university that i marked as my 1st choice. But during the applying to DAAD, they required a special form where we had to make 3 choices, i.e. i thought i would have 2 spare options, just in case ?

Does somebody know how this works? 

Hello, have you read the 'My DAAD Scholarship/Ihr DAAD Stipendium' document? There, along with the explanation on the Award Letter stated that your Award Letter indeed will become active only if you got admitted to the first Uni (in your case I assume TU Berlin) and submit the Zulassungbescheid (enrollment letter) to the Portal. However, since you have 2nd and 3rd options, if you got admitted to the 2nd or 3rd options instead of the 1st, you need to notify them, so they will shange the Uni on the award letter into the one that admits you.

Hope it helps you.

Cheers.

On 5/2/2021 at 11:21 PM, DKEAM said:

They told me you should be accepted to on of three universities, doesn't matter which one, just as soon as you know about the results, notify them. It can be your 3d choice, and you will still have your scholarship for that. Do you know what documents should be uploaded to the portal. I mean all my documents are in German, which I don't know, and the only thing that I could get from the translation was the "The Declaration of Award" within 4 weeks. However there is also an option for the "consent of Medical Data". Do you know what should be uploaded there, or what documents do they require from you to upload?

I don't know which type of scholarship you got, but this is the case of mine (Doctorate Grant).

You are right that you need to upload the Declaration of Acceptance that being sent to you along with other document e.g. Letter of Award and My DAAD Scholarship Booklet. Apart from uploading the declaration, which doesn't need to be signed, you need to upload a signed form of 'Consent of Medical data Processing' that can be downloaded from the Options 'Consent of Medical data Processing' on the left side of your portal. Moreover, you also need to send the Admission Letter (Zulassungbescheid) from the Uni soon after you got officially admitted on the Options 'Submit Document regarding funding'. If you have some more question and clarification, you can look upon the DAAD scholarship Booklet and you cal also message them directly inside the Portal, via Messages.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, sinosuke93 said:

Hello, have you read the 'My DAAD Scholarship/Ihr DAAD Stipendium' document? There, along with the explanation on the Award Letter stated that your Award Letter indeed will become active only if you got admitted to the first Uni (in your case I assume TU Berlin) and submit the Zulassungbescheid (enrollment letter) to the Portal. However, since you have 2nd and 3rd options, if you got admitted to the 2nd or 3rd options instead of the 1st, you need to notify them, so they will shange the Uni on the award letter into the one that admits you.

Hope it helps you.

Cheers.

Thanks! 

Yep, meanwhile I found out that, indeed, they just mark the one university, because it is the right way to apply for a national visa. The visa is provided for studying at a particular university.

Thanks for the answer!

1 minute ago, germanmasters said:

Hey guys, just to ask those of you whose status has changed form 'Application submitted' to anything else - do you get an email to say that sth has changed on the portal or did you find out by constantly checking the portal ? 

I got an email saying that I've got a new message. When I checked the portal, I got the letter + status change simultaneously.

Hi everyone! For those who got funding - how much time did it take to get Award Letter after the notification that you got a scholarship?

I received a congratulation via messages on the portal saying that I was awarded a scholarship (Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany, 2021/22) on the 9th of April. They also asked to confirm German course attendance. After I sent them back an e-mail with confirmation via portal, I had no news. It is almost one month since I got notification and still no Award Letter. Anyone in the same situation?

My status now is 'Selection made' but I have bank-related staff under the Options.

Edited by StellarWind

Hey yall. I just had my status changed to funding and in navigation menu I have a new option called "declaration of acceptance". I have not yet received any email though. What do I do now? ? Will anybody from Daad office contact me about the next steps? do I simply start sending applications to unis individually? 
p.s. My scholarship is for all disciplines and I am from Georgia.

Hi!

I got my award letter on 28.April and forgot to write here. It was really less stressed to wait for the results together. 

I wish all of the waiting candidates best of luck! 

1 hour ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

Hey yall. I just had my status changed to funding and in navigation menu I have a new option called "declaration of acceptance". I have not yet received any email though. What do I do now? ? Will anybody from Daad office contact me about the next steps? do I simply start sending applications to unis individually? 

Congrats!!!

Mine is also "all disciplines". The status went blank on Friday and then on Tuesday-Wednesday status changed to "funding". The documents came within 1-2 days after that. The only thing I got from those documents was to submit the same declaration of Acceptance within four weeks. But then due to this forum i realized that there are other stuff as well. So always check these stuff in case.

Congratulations to those of you that got admitted! Hoping to feel the same excitement soon ? You deserve it after this long wait and hardwork. 

Ah, also a doubt popped up. As I filled my top 3 choices of Masters' programs last year, and didn't know I was going to find a problem with one of those choices, I was wondering how I can tell DAAD that I want to change one university there. This is due to one specific document that this German university requests, and, when talking with my university's coordinator about it this year, they said they can't prepare it until the deadline. 

Edited by Humbd

2 hours ago, Verner said:

Hi!

I got my award letter on 28.April and forgot to write here. It was really less stressed to wait for the results together. 

I wish all of the waiting candidates best of luck! 

2 hours ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

3 hours ago, Go_simbra said:

Hello everybody,

my status just changed to funding?! 

Prog: Master all disciplines,

Good luck everyone✌️

Many congratulations guys, I am very happy for all of you! ?

!! Just got this message via the portal !!

"The selection process for the scholarship programme you applied for was scheduled to be finished in the end of March 2021. 

Due to the solely digital selection process and the situation around the Covid19 pandemic, the communication with the relevant selection commiteemembers does take up more time than usual. 

We wanted to apologize for the delay in the selection process. As of now we are still waiting for the last decisions to arrive. 

As soon as we receive them, we will inform you on the results of the selection process as fast as possible."

Edited by Ufora

15 minutes ago, Ufora said:

!! Just got this message via the portal !!

"The selection process for the scholarship programme you applied for was scheduled to be finished in the end of March 2021. 

Due to the solely digital selection process and the situation around the
Covid19 pandemic, the communication with the relevant selectionc commiteemembers does take up more time than usual. 

We wanted to apologize for the delay in the selection process. As of now we are still waiting for the last decisions to arrive. 

As soon as we receive them, we will inform you on the results of the
selection process as fast as possible."

something is happening!!!

Just got a message on the portal!! It's saying that with the covid pandemic everything is delayed (the process was scheduled to finish in March 2021) and they are getting the last decisions and will announce the results asap...

Scholarship: Masters for all disciplines