Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2021)

bacteriagirl

On 1/20/2021 at 5:22 PM, cantbelieveitsnotbutter said:

Just wondering, people who were invited and selected the Princeton MolBio interview weekend on February 11th - 14th, have any of you gotten any interview details yet? 

Has Princeton sent out all acceptances? I am an international student and havent been contacted. Not sure whether they are reviewing on a rolling basis or not. 

Just now, cantbelieveitsnotbutter said:

Not sure. I'm a domestic student and got a interview invite mid-December.

No worries, I looked on their FAQs and they said they accept on a rolling basis up until March. Finger crossed ?

On 1/19/2021 at 6:31 PM, Yang347 said:

Hi, anyone else got interviews for Biomedical Engineering and Physiology track at Mayo Clinic? I got an email saying there'll be a 30 mins' zoom interview in the evening on 02/03, but I know for other tracks the interviews are on 02/10-02/12, which lasts for 3 days, and includes one-on-one meeting with 6 faculties, half an hour each. So I find it kind of weird, and I wonder is there anyone who met the same situation with me? Or does it just mean that they don't actually want me and the chance is small?

One reason is that Mayo generally interviews students outside of North America separately (not sure if this applies). Given Mayo's unique funding model (institution funds students, not PIs),  there is no difference between international and domestic student chances.

Edited by Tecumseh30

For those who have received interview invites for Duke's pharmacology PhD program or have contacted the admin office, do you know if they're done sending invites out? It seems kind of late in the process for this particular program based on previous trends :(

Edited by Diet_Dr_Kelp
Grammar

On 1/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, crystal322 said:

Hi guys, wondering if anyone here applied to Cold Spring Harbor Lab and heard from them? I saw two interview invites on results, don't know if they're done sending out invites? Thank you! 

I got an invite from CSHL back in Dec. 23, 2020! From their email, they notified me that they will be conducting interviews in 2-day formats in the week of Feb. 15, 2021. I have not gotten any follow-up emails yet regarding scheduling and whatnot, but they asked me to list several faculty whom I would be interested in speaking to! Stoked and looking forward to it! 

Not to sound like this person, but I just wrapped up my first virtual interview/recruitment event and I am beyond exhausted. I have six more coming up and many of them are back to back, and I’m starting to wonder if I can actually do it all.

How have people been combating screen fatigue? Does anyone have any advice? This was much more doable than the academic year, not sure why this is so much more taxing...

Do anyone have been interviewed on Jan 21-22 in the UCSD Biological Sciences? Also, if you do interview, do you have any idea that there are any international students in the interview list??

1 minute ago, cantbelieveitsnotbutter said:

Must have slipped past my eyes. Mind sharing the link where you found that info?

Sure, I have attached it below. It is from the general grad admissions not the molbio (there was noting on there).

All my applications still have the status as 'submitted' this means they haven't reviewed them yet doesn't it?

https://gradschool.princeton.edu/faqpage/application 

2 minutes ago, HJB_4 said:

Sure, I have attached it below. It is from the general grad admissions not the molbio (there was noting on there).

All my applications still have the status as 'submitted' this means they haven't reviewed them yet doesn't it?

https://gradschool.princeton.edu/faqpage/application 

Oh, that's where you found it. As far as I know there are only two interview dates - I chose the second - so all invites may have been sent out already. 

If Princeton falls through I hope things come through for one of the other schools you applied to. 

30 minutes ago, VictorZ said:

Yes I am international with a MS degree in the US

Interesting. I applied but I am American. They still haven't rejected me but I sort of wish they would so I can move on. Just seems unlikely at this point

10 hours ago, DipraD said:

Do anyone have been interviewed on Jan 21-22 in the UCSD Biological Sciences? Also, if you do interview, do you have any idea that there are any international students in the interview list??

Hi ! I just attended the jan21-22nd interview and there were a lot of international students! I think their website says abt 30% of students accepted are international:) 

1 hour ago, actionpotential said:

Interesting. I applied but I am American. They still haven't rejected me but I sort of wish they would so I can move on. Just seems unlikely at this point

Me too, Baylor and UTSW are ghosting me still. Both are saying everything's under review