2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

Hey everyone, 

My name is Paul, I was just accepted into two different departments at Oregon State so I figured I would introduce myself here in hopes to get some advice on what I should do. 

But first, is anyone here planning on OSU? I really like Corvallis and I'm super excited. It would be neat to find someone going to OSU as well. 

The only issue is I'm really struggling with a decision between materials chemistry and chemical engineering. I think I would like them both and the more information I get the harder the decision becomes. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, chembioapplicant_int said:

I did both of these interviews and haven't heard anything. I am going crazy!!! Because for Scripps they said we would hear back early this week, but did not.. 

well i got a first interview but not a second so i guess i'm out lol. When was the second interview?

Edited by Atom345

18 hours ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

got an update, mid week next week is the earliest anyone could expect to hear back

wait so does that mean there's still a chance to get in? They are accepting the applicants in waves? Or will we be contacted for rejection lol

6 minutes ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

For an invite to the visitation weekend, not an admit or reject.

i see, so this invitation was after the second round interviews? Or was the second interview the invitation itself?

2 minutes ago, chembioapplicant_int said:

just got an email from Upenn! :) I got in 

congrats mate! was it your top choice? i regret not applying there

Edited by Atom345

8 minutes ago, ilovechem123 said:

Does anyone think we'll hear back from schools today? I'm stressed 

ngl i really thought i would hear back today so i totally feel you. disappointed :( I am convinced that I'll hear something this week though, hang in there!

Received offers from TAMU, VT,  and UCSC (interview) this weekend. 

Will very likely be accepting UNC Chapel Hill after the visit weekend in February! 

Still have a couple schools left but I prefer unc to all of them. Feeling pretty done with this cycle! Good luck to everyone else!

Edited by ashortchemist

3 minutes ago, ashortchemist said:

Received offers from TAMU, VT,  and UCSC (interview) this weekend. 

Will very likely be accepting UNC Chapel Hill after the visit weekend in February! 

Still have a couple schools left but I prefer unc to all of them. Feeling pretty done with this cycle! Good luck to everyone else!

Congratulations!! That's so exciting! It's is so awesome to see people getting into their first choice!