2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

8 hours ago, Beau said:

I saw on a post on r/gradadmissions that UW Madison planned to make 80% of decisions by Jan 1st and saw they sent out one rejection. Has anyone heard anything from them in the last week or so?

I believe they have made many offers by now and waiting until March to decide on others based on the acceptance rate.  I applied there, but a lot later (Jan/2021) due to some other issues I have to deal with. Also, I am an international applicant. Also, not a traditional applicant. I think the best option now is to wait and see till the end of the month.

52 minutes ago, KmStryDaS said:

Has any international student heard back from Yale Graduate school? I saw few acceptances but mostly they were Americans. 

I'm an international student (did undergrad in the US) and I heard from Yale on December 18th. I received an email to check the application portal and then I got a call from POI.

4 minutes ago, kenzithecat said:

I'm an international student (did undergrad in the US) and I heard from Yale on December 18th. I received an email to check the application portal and then I got a call from POI.

Congrats !! I haven't heard back from them yet. Which field did you apply to ? 

7 minutes ago, KmStryDaS said:

Congrats !! I haven't heard back from them yet. Which field did you apply to ? 

Thanks! Physical/biophysical
I'm pretty sure they will send out more acceptances soon. Good luck!!

Edited by kenzithecat

Apparently the ACS submission deadline for the spring 2021 conference is tonight at midnight, which explains why chemistry seems very slow today. 

Remember to take a breath and keep things in perspective, everyone. It will all work out ok :) 

I’m confident everyone in this thread will go to a great school and be successful any where they go. 

Edited by ashortchemist

I am slowly going crazy waiting for university of washington to tell me what their decision is... this past week is historically their week. its my dream school and the past few months that dream has grown even larger with my fiance looking for work out there too... I will be heartbroken if I don't get in... the stress is too much (which I am sure we all relate to). If only they told us decisions all on the same day for ALL schools

37 minutes ago, chemgirl99 said:

I am slowly going crazy waiting for university of washington to tell me what their decision is... this past week is historically their week. its my dream school and the past few months that dream has grown even larger with my fiance looking for work out there too... I will be heartbroken if I don't get in... the stress is too much (which I am sure we all relate to). If only they told us decisions all on the same day for ALL schools

Remember something, they have until April 15th. Anything can happen till then regardless of the admissions history on this site. This isn't an exhaustive list of admissions so we don't know the date of every acceptance.

Worst case scenario, you get a job in industry and re-apply; industry experience looks great on a resume and you make some decent money. 

There are ways to obtain your goals... its just not always a direct path.

ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

Edited by dval1998

3 minutes ago, ilovechem123 said:

For those accepted to Princeton what subdivision did you guys apply to? it is my dream school and I am really bummed that I have not heard back yet :(

I didn’t apply to Princeton, and while I heard they tend to send all admits at once, anything can happen. I just wanted to say keep your head up, this process is so hard but I promise there’s a light at the end of it. 

Just now, ashortchemist said:

I didn’t apply to Princeton, and while I heard they tend to send all admits at once, anything can happen. I just wanted to say keep your head up, this process is so hard but I promise there’s a light at the end of it. 

thank you :) I wish you the best of luck! 

On 1/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, chemgirl99 said:

Has anyone heard back from UWashington, Northwestern, Cornell, or Berkeley? I am waiting on those 4 and really want to know when to expect them... I am going crazy over here

I heard back from UWashington and Berkeley with acceptances for their PChem programs! I think its by topic though and still early rounds!

On 1/15/2021 at 10:25 PM, byegal said:

Hi there, I also got an acceptance! I didn't interview or hear back before today, I just received an email from the vice chair of admissions informing me that they are recommending me for admission, haven't received the formal acceptance letter.

Same! No interview just an email!

Hey, I've been lurking for a while but reading about the Caltech interviews finally got me anxious enough to make an account lol. I haven't been contacted by them all. I wish if I were rejected they would just tell me already!!

I do feel lucky though because I already have 3 acceptances I'm excited about, just waiting to hear back from the remaining 4.

12 minutes ago, quantummoon said:

Hey, I've been lurking for a while but reading about the Caltech interviews finally got me anxious enough to make an account lol. I haven't been contacted by them all. I wish if I were rejected they would just tell me already!!

I do feel lucky though because I already have 3 acceptances I'm excited about, just waiting to hear back from the remaining 4.

Im in a similar boat (I made an account to comment on the caltech status lol). Been accepted and rejected by a few schools. I havent heard back from Caltech either! Anxious but sorta calm because ive only seen one person from Organic say they got a second round interview..... Hoping to hear by the end of this week and whatever the outcome, Im going to grad school!  

4 minutes ago, certain_sweet_ochem said:

Im in a similar boat (I made an account to comment on the caltech status lol). Been accepted and rejected by a few schools. I havent heard back from Caltech either! Anxious but sorta calm because ive only seen one person from Organic say they got a second round interview..... Hoping to hear by the end of this week and whatever the outcome, Im going to grad school!  

This is a great attitude to have!

It’s easy to get caught up on a certain school, but the reality is that you will probably have a similar caliber experience and career prospects at most of the top 10/ top 15 schools.

Not to mention that just going to grad school is a huge accomplishment that not many achieve. I hope you hear back soon, though!!!

9 minutes ago, certain_sweet_ochem said:

Same here, chemical biology focus instead though, I have yet to see any second interview offers since our interview days at the end of last week, does anyone know when the organic folks did their first interviews and then when they heard back?

On another note does anyone know when scripps is doing invites to their virtual visitation weekend?

The suspense is killing me.

Edited by ChemBioApplicant