2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

Just now, chembioapplicant1821 said:

They literally said early next week.. It's my top choice.. I wonder why they had pre-interviews. 

Feeling the exact same way but they were doing interviews early this week as well so maybe things are just a bit behind given mlk day the acs deadline and the inauguration all being a bit distracting

1 hour ago, ohbegitutoh said:

Waiting for UPenn & Pitt as well. And Princeton. I am clinging to the delusional hope that I have not heard back just because of my international status... fingers crossed everyone!

Good to know I'm not alone! I'm hopefully that we'll hear from Pitt soon since they said they'll send out all acceptions/rejections by February 1! Good luck to you!

Has anyone applied to UPenn (and not submitted GRE) and have their application status still show "materials needed"?  I didn't submit GRE scores since they're optional this year, but the portal is still showing that the scores are needed.  I emailed admissions at the beginning of January but got no response, and now I'm not sure if I should be worried that the app status was never updated to "ready for review" ?

7 minutes ago, tcat94 said:

Has anyone applied to UPenn (and not submitted GRE) and have their application status still show "materials needed"?  I didn't submit GRE scores since they're optional this year, but the portal is still showing that the scores are needed.  I emailed admissions at the beginning of January but got no response, and now I'm not sure if I should be worried that the app status was never updated to "ready for review" ?

Don't worry. I have the same status. I emailed admissions a while ago and they said it will show this message for anyone who didn't submit GRE scores.

Edited by timothychem

4 hours ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

Nope not yet

Did caltech Thursday, nothing yet

same. hopefully they get to us soon. It seems like chem bio is the slowest to get back to us out of all the other sections

2 minutes ago, Atom345 said:

same. hopefully they get to us soon. It seems like chem bio is the slowest to get back to us out of all the other sections

We had something like 55 applicants between our two days whereas, from what I've gathered from these forums, other disciplines/divisions had ~35 so, im not surprised they're taking longer, just wishing we could know sooner. Caltech and Scripps really just have me sitting here refreshing alllllll dayyyy.

Just now, ChemBioApplicant said:

We had something like 55 applicants between our two days whereas, from what I've gathered from these forums, other disciplines/divisions had ~35 so, im not surprised they're taking longer, just wishing we could know sooner. Caltech and Scripps really just have me sitting here refreshing alllllll dayyyy.

Does anyone have any estimate of how many applicants they are going to accept?

3 minutes ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

Wait haha

55 people applied in total? Or out of the people that applied to chem bio, they only decided to interview 55?

The difference is crucial for my anxiety for the next few days LOL