2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

1 hour ago, ilovechem123 said:

What time do schools usually stop sending out notification. Idk if I should stop checking my email lol. I need to hear back from Princeton, UPenn, UMich, and MIT still :(

If you look at past years' data Princeton release all admits at once then either 7 or 14 days later send all rejects rip my $95. Michigan also appears to be mostly done but still may be some sliver of hope there

On 1/16/2021 at 7:05 AM, bubblology said:

Anyone know if Columbia is done with acceptances?

I have not received any feedback yet. My field is inorganic, what about you? Based on previous years, those who receive email notification by 2nd week Feb will likely get a rejection. So sad.

Seeing people hear back from schools that I am waiting for sucks. I know that a lot of us are in the same boat. 

Waiting or all of this is the actual worst. I'm happy that I found this forum. Anyone have any advice for how they're coping with no responses?

22 minutes ago, a.rose said:

Seeing people hear back from schools that I am waiting for sucks. I know that a lot of us are in the same boat. 

Waiting or all of this is the actual worst. I'm happy that I found this forum. Anyone have any advice for how they're coping with no responses?

spending as much time away from my computer as I can, also working out a lot to get the rage out LOL

11 hours ago, certain_sweet_ochem said:

spending as much time away from my computer as I can, also working out a lot to get the rage out LOL

I totally understand. School is already in full swing for me so I'm on my computer all the time and super busy. Honestly, it's nice to know that we are all struggling together lol

I'm going to try to go to the gym more often but school is already getting to me. 

14 hours ago, metal0114 said:

I have not received any feedback yet. My field is inorganic, what about you? Based on previous years, those who receive email notification by 2nd week Feb will likely get a rejection. So sad.

Organic ? someone previously said to be patient so I’m hopping they’re just being slow this year 

58 minutes ago, ChemBioApplicant said:

I am once again asking, anyone have any updates on caltech chem bio or scripps 2nd round interviews? Been seeing inorganic and organic folks post an acceptance here and there.

I did both of these interviews and haven't heard anything. I am going crazy!!! Because for Scripps they said we would hear back early this week, but did not.. 

28 minutes ago, chembioapplicant_int said:

I did both of these interviews and haven't heard anything. I am going crazy!!! Because for Scripps they said we would hear back early this week, but did not.. 

I’m in the same boat!!! I was really hoping to hear something today. The day is still young over there I suppose

13 minutes ago, ilovechem123 said:

do you think we will hear back from schools tonight? havent heard anything all day :(

I really thought we might. I am waiting on MIT and Stanford and I really just want them to make up their minds so I can get down to deciding where to go. I was so sure there would be something today, but nothing so far. 

Maybe we'll hear from west coast schools, but it is late enough on the east coast I think we won't hear anything from them until Monday. I am sure some admissions will be released Monday. 

2 minutes ago, loves_cdse_nanocrystals said:

I really thought we might. I am waiting on MIT and Stanford and I really just want them to make up their minds so I can get down to deciding where to go. I was so sure there would be something today, but nothing so far. 

Maybe we'll hear from west coast schools, but it is late enough on the east coast I think we won't hear anything from them until Monday. I am sure some admissions will be released Monday. 

Yeah I thought we will hear today too. I am also waiting for MIT but havent heard anything at all