dyedviolet Posted April 2 Posted April 2 49 minutes ago, pengiunsfriend said: for MFA in CN, would you chose Oregon State or University of Montana?? (same funding) I need help please! Eyy congrats on getting into both!! I'm not super familiar with either of their creative nonfiction tracks, but all else being equal, I think you should take location into consideration. For some hard numbers, Missoula and Corvallis have similar populations (76k vs. 65k I think), but Corvallis puts Portland in daytrip range, while Missoula is the biggest town for four hours in any direction. One of those options will sound better to you, and that's for you to decide. Busybeez 1
cantoras Posted April 2 Posted April 2 On 3/27/2026 at 1:47 PM, CapybaraLit said: Waitlisted for U Miami 😢 would you mind sharing which genre?
CapybaraLit Posted April 2 Posted April 2 2 minutes ago, cantoras said: would you mind sharing which genre? Oh yes, of course: Poetry. But I know someone who was also waitlisted for fiction.
ocurlyfries Posted April 2 Posted April 2 For those who got rejected/waitlisted from WVU, did your portal update with your application status? I applied fiction and still haven't heard anything back, but it still says "in review" in my portal...
mouthfullofmercury Posted April 2 Posted April 2 30 minutes ago, ocurlyfries said: For those who got rejected/waitlisted from WVU, did your portal update with your application status? I applied fiction and still haven't heard anything back, but it still says "in review" in my portal... I received a waitlist e-mail for Fiction at WVU 3/22. My portal also says "in review", they might still be going down the line? ocurlyfries 1
meanwhile Posted April 2 Posted April 2 🕯️welcoming everyone to join hands, willing waitlist movement into existence very soon 🕯️ CapybaraLit, greenleaf, gafoo and 12 others 15
strawberrymatcha Posted April 2 Posted April 2 ahhh I just got a “probably not” from my waitlist. with that, I’m finally done with this season! I was quite nervous since this was my second round, but my last school ended up being an acceptance so I’m very grateful to be done. I’ve really appreciated the community here, good luck to everyone else who’s waiting dyedviolet, greenleaf, TripleZeroStrip and 9 others 12
musicsurfer17 Posted April 2 Posted April 2 On 3/17/2026 at 7:36 PM, ojo534 said: does anyone have any word on hunter college fiction/poetry acceptances/waitlists/rejections? i am still waiting to hear back for poetry and i fear it's a bad sign but i wanted to shout into the void and see if anyone knew anything I'm honestly dying to know if the Hunter fiction class is finalized. It is frustrating because on the website it says they will still be considering / making decisions well into April and May, but at the same time in the spreadsheet it seems like interviews, waitlists, and acceptances have already gone out. It is the last school I'm waiting on. Should I hold out hope? Email them? I noticed in prior years candidates have emailed them and received a status update but their website says not to. Anyone have an insider scoop on Hunter's program??
LB349 Posted April 2 Posted April 2 Any NYU fiction accepted people considering turning down the offer? friendned 1
musicsurfer17 Posted April 2 Posted April 2 (edited) 23 minutes ago, jka0124 said: Hunter is a school that asks folks not to share their status. My understanding is all acceptances and waitlists have gone out and now they’re waiting to see who accepts/how far into the waitlist they go. Don’t quote me on that but that’s what I’ve pieced together from talking to people who got accepted and waitlisted across genres. Got it. While you are here and I know you are quite knowledgeable, what do I do when I get put on a waitlist? I got waitlisted at Columbia and I'm wondering if I should follow up with a letter of continued interest, try to contact professors, if I can still accept an offer from The New School if there is no movement before April 15th? This is my first application cycle. I am tempted to just go with The New School but I also know Columbia is an okay program too. I mean, this all depends on the aid I get but ignoring that part for the time being. If you don't mind sharing some expertise! : ) Edited April 2 by musicsurfer17
impatientjoy Posted April 2 Posted April 2 I found out today that a GTA position opened up at one of my programs, which is so exciting!! They want an answer though before the normal deadline so they have time to fill the GTA position should I say no. I’m super interested in the program!! However, I’m on the waitlist and waitlisted for funding at two other schools I’m really interested in. I told myself I would wait until April 15th to see what happens but this funding position complicates that. Would love any advice!
bucket Posted April 3 Posted April 3 this is a REACH of a question but does anyone know anything about the status of the IU Bloomington cohort? i’m just curious if anyone has any information about how it’s shaking out so far in terms of committed students or movement potentialyeti 1
labmate Posted April 3 Posted April 3 32 minutes ago, bucket said: this is a REACH of a question but does anyone know anything about the status of the IU Bloomington cohort? i’m just curious if anyone has any information about how it’s shaking out so far in terms of committed students or movement Seconding this. I'm waitlisted and wondering the same. potentialyeti and bucket 1 1
arghgradapps Posted April 3 Posted April 3 how do u guys know if you should re-apply next year after getting fully-funded offers? i got some good ones but im feeling weird and i can't tell if it means its about fit or if im just nervous and this process has taken its toll on me.
arghgradapps Posted April 3 Posted April 3 9 minutes ago, arghgradapps said: how do u guys know if you should re-apply next year after getting fully-funded offers? i got some good ones but im feeling weird and i can't tell if it means its about fit or if im just nervous and this process has taken its toll on me. also just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way. Busybeez 1
j1nju Posted April 3 Posted April 3 12 hours ago, arghgradapps said: also just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way. This is kind of I how I was feeling, only I only had 1 fully-funded offer (+2 partial funded that I liked but ultimately weren't feasible). I was so focused on trying to get funding anywhere that when I did I sort of had this "what am I doing" moment. I posted about it here on draft a while back and got some good advice! I felt like the faculty/school were good but just not the environment I was personally looking for. Plus there were people waitlisted for funding that I knew would appreciate it 10x more than me. I ultimately made the choice to decline all of my offers. After I declined everything I felt a HUGE sense of relief (even though I am wading back into a terrible job market lol). I am going to take another year or two to play more with my writing and grow into the writer I am meant to become. I feel like my life has changed rapidly in the past few years and my writing with it. Also this was my first cycle and I have learned so much about the application process so I am hoping it will be easier in the future! This has already galvanized me to sign up for a summer workshop on Zoom that I am really looking forward to. When I'm torn between decisions I like to journal and meditate on each path presented before me. I imagine what my life would look like if I took each option, spending ~10 minutes envisioning each possible "life" I could lead. Which path excites me? Which path feels right? Which one will help me become the best version of myself? ladylilith, guntherpingu, JamesJames and 1 other 3 1
OnTheWhaleRoad Posted April 3 Posted April 3 12 hours ago, LouPatt said: Does anyone know of the status of the BU poetry cohort? I haven't gotten an update or any correspondence indicating that the cohort is complete yet. Not sure if that means anything!
gafoo Posted April 3 Posted April 3 After months of rejections, interviews, waitlists, acceptances at unfunded programs, and acceptances-but-on-funding-waitlists, I finally have my first fully-funded acceptance of the cycle, at a program I love deeply—U Montana CNF!!! I feel like my body and mind and soul are relaxing for the first time since I submitted my applications. Wishing everyone else luck as we go through these last couple weeks of purgatory. OnTheWhaleRoad, barbou, bucket and 13 others 15 1
potentialyeti Posted April 3 Posted April 3 15 hours ago, bucket said: this is a REACH of a question but does anyone know anything about the status of the IU Bloomington cohort? i’m just curious if anyone has any information about how it’s shaking out so far in terms of committed students or movement What genre? Waitlisted here as well, and waiting on the same.
precociousreader Posted April 3 Posted April 3 any playwrights who applied to carnegie mellon? i fear my (shouldn't be needed dual enrollment) transcript got lost and they just tossed out the app entirely. if yeah, have y'all heard anything? no movement on it in the spreadsheet but julliard only started movement earlier this week
bucket Posted April 3 Posted April 3 1 hour ago, potentialyeti said: What genre? Waitlisted here as well, and waiting on the same. i’m waitlisted for fiction potentialyeti 1
impatientjoy Posted April 3 Posted April 3 Has anyone ever heard of a situation where someone was initially told all funding offers were accepted but then a spot opens up on or around the 15th (like someone changes their mind)? Trying to decide if holding onto hope is pointless lol (accepted into the program, waitlisted for funding)
LouPatt Posted April 3 Posted April 3 27 minutes ago, impatientjoy said: Has anyone ever heard of a situation where someone was initially told all funding offers were accepted but then a spot opens up on or around the 15th (like someone changes their mind)? Trying to decide if holding onto hope is pointless lol (accepted into the program, waitlisted for funding) I feel like I just saw someone talk about this on the FB group! Someone got off the TA funding waitlist after being accepted into the program
arugalasalad Posted April 4 Posted April 4 Anyone here turning down a University of Oregon fiction offer? High waitlist here and wondering how close the cohort is to being finalized / when to expect waitlist movement from previous years🙏 I know its only 5 for fiction, but I was told in a waitlist email that they expect 1-2 spots to open so I'm clinging onto some hope.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now