Linguistics 2012

bluetourmaline

MIT acceptances are out, they took 12 students out of 200+ applications. It's been a rough season all around.

Hope you all get some more news tomorrow

Darn. :-\ Congrats to you though!

Just got my first "official" email. But it's not an acceptance or rejection or anything I didn't already know. Just an email to notify me that I'm a finalist & they're still figuring out funding. Going crazy! So happy for everyone that's gotten good news!

I got that e-mai too! I see people posted rejections from UW.

Ahh... so that email was from UW I'm guessing. Are you two applying for the MA program or the PhD? I wasn't rejected and I didn't get that email. Whatever that means... I'm applying for the PhD, btw. I already have an MA.

Yeah, MA.

rejected from UCLA, too-- they sent the email around 3:00am their local time! i found that odd...

it seems i should not have applied to any schools that lean theoretical linguistics, they've all rejected me. pray for me for the other programs! lol

rejected from UCLA, too-- they sent the email around 3:00am their local time! i found that odd...

it seems i should not have applied to any schools that lean theoretical linguistics, they've all rejected me. pray for me for the other programs! lol

Will do! You didn't apply to Georgetown? I think they have a good applied linguistics program. I'm more into the theoretical side myself ( phonetics & phonology) though I'm also into the experimental side (phonetics) and sociolinguistics.

no, I didn't apply to Georgetown-- probably should have. My background is second language acquisition, and language & thought... which is probably why I got an interview with Johns Hopkins but no where else so far. It sort of makes sense, although it sucks, that if you have 180 applications for 10 spots, you eliminate people who don't have a BA in theoretical linguistics.