Linguistics 2012

bluetourmaline

@wlkwih2 and @Triple Tall Cappuccino - I had my interview with Harvard today (I mistakenly wrote February 4th on the result survey page, should have been 3rd), and they told me that decisions are due at the end of the month, so there is still plenty of time.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Ling304! How did it go? I would have crossed my fingers for you today! LOL :) How do you feel you did? What did they ask?

Hello everyone-- first post.

I applied to 13 programs (insane, but I'm trying to coordinate geographic location with my partner).

I also got the Berkeley rejection.

UPenn (Educational Linguistics) has already sent out their invites-- I did not get one.

However, I did get an invite to Johns Hopkins (Cognitive Science)!

Still waiting on the other ten...

my webloggin/ wolverine access still doesn't say "Rejected" for Michigan even though I didn't get a campus invite & I'm assuming I've been rejected! Will they please just put it up already?! ahhh.

The dreaded wating continues.... :)

I got my Stanford rejection today as well. 2 down, 3 to go.

I'm glad to know that not hearing from Harvard yet doesn't automatically mean rejection - but I can't help but feeling that if Berkeley and Stanford don't want me, I don't stand a chance with Harvard.

Congratulations to everyone getting acceptances!

Just got rejected by my first choice (Stanford). Ouch. What the %$#@ is going on in California this year? It seems that both Berkeley and Stanford had an unusual large amount of applicant. Now I am worried about UCLA more than I was before.

Public universities in California are in a bad financial state. Santa Cruz accepts between 0 and 1 international applicants a year recently and things are not looking great at Berkley and UCLA either (though considerably better than at SC). Stanford is a whole other matter.

In any event, congrats to everyone who has been admitted or got interviews and good luck to all who are still waiting! Don't go too mad :)

Just got rejected by my first choice (Stanford). Ouch. What the %$#@ is going on in California this year? It seems that both Berkeley and Stanford had an unusual large amount of applicant. Now I am worried about UCLA more than I was before.

Any idea how many applicant Stanford got this year? I'd love to put my rejection into perspective! :-P

Welcome, Reddawg50!

I'm nervous about the result from UCLA too. I try not to go too mad!

Public universities in California are in a bad financial state. Santa Cruz accepts between 0 and 1 international applicants a year recently and things are not looking great at Berkley and UCLA either (though considerably better than at SC). Stanford is a whole other matter.

In any event, congrats to everyone who has been admitted or got interviews and good luck to all who are still waiting! Don't go too mad :)

Quick question: Are you at Harvard?

Congrats to everyone who's gotten good news this week. :) I still haven't heard anything (other than my UCBS rejection). This wait is worse than waiting months for spinal surgery. Safe to say!

I hope you get in to Madison and choose to go there. I LOVE madison so much (did my undergrad there). It is the best small city in America. Good luck!

I hope you get in to Madison and choose to go there. I LOVE madison so much (did my undergrad there). It is the best small city in America. Good luck!

Hah, thanks. One of my recommenders told me that she expected to have heard something about my application if they were seriously considering me. But she hasn't. Sooooooo, we'll see what happens with that. I do love living in Wisconsin, but my car & I would love more to live somewhere without so much snow/cold for a few years (at least)...... And Madison is indeed a wonderful city, though I might favor Minneapolis. Minnesota bias... :P

where are you seeing this? lol

Oh gosh, I finally found the little "Application Decision" link. Duh! So U Mich is a rejection for me, peeps!

Edited by busbus