Linguistics 2012

bluetourmaline

Got accepted to UCLA :D with 5 years of funding

Personal email from POI mentioned that the graduate director will be emailing admitted applicants with official offers of admission. Good luck to everyone here! Hopefully you all hear back soon

Got accepted to UCLA :D with 5 years of funding

Personal email from POI mentioned that the graduate director will be emailing admitted applicants with official offers of admission. Good luck to everyone here! Hopefully you all hear back soon

That is awesome! Congratulations! I, too, have also applied to UCLA but haven't heard anything yet. Who is your POI there?

Congratulations, funology!!

According to last year's results, if I'm accepted at two of my schools I should hear within the next week or two.... nerves but I'm kind of thinking maybe this year will just flop totally (it has so far!) and I'll have a year off from school which may be nice and then I can always reapply.....

And by letter, I mean e-mail.

Darn you for the false hope ;-) I was thinking "oooh, the check's in the mail..." ;-) Well I haven't heard anything official yet from UMass... Anyway. congratulations!!

Darn, I'm thinking no word from UMass means a rejection for me (since it seems all the news is acceptances and waitlists for them). But on the positive side, UMich hasn't rejected me as of yet- so I'm hoping I've still got a chance there. And still nothing from Texas either. Stupid GradCafe results page getting my hopes up :-P I've refreshed my email a bazillion times today, in addition to checking the websites a few times each. Patience is not my strength this week.

txelizabeth i know how you feel, i can't stop checking my e-mail, since I expect to hear from at least 4 or 5 of them this week..... it's not worth the stress, we really should just step. away. from. the computer. it'll come when it comes (or not)

bon courage à tous!

i can't stop checking my e-mail/appstatus website/mailbox for some kind of notification from Hispanic Linguistics at OSU!!! Last year I got a rejection letter dated Feb. 8, so I must hear something soon!

And still nothing from Texas either. [...] I've refreshed my email a bazillion times today, in addition to checking the websites a few times each.

I got an unofficial e-mail from UT Austin on February 1st, and the official notification came today (the 6th). My status at the website changed today to "admitted", so maybe you should check it now.

UCLA is one of my top choices and I am afraid that Funology's good news means bad news for me. I will find out soon enough, I guess.

And congrats for all the acceptances, you people ROCK!

Edited by Ling304

Historically, Georgetown has been known to let their applicants know this week (or next). *SIGH*. We'll see. This is way too much anxiety for me!

UMass people, I'm assuming you're talking about the (general) linguistics department, right? Not the Hispanic linguistics/lit section?

Congrats to everyone! :D

i can't stop checking my e-mail/appstatus website/mailbox for some kind of notification from Hispanic Linguistics at OSU!!! Last year I got a rejection letter dated Feb. 8, so I must hear something soon!

GL - two of my friends have already been offered admission via telephone and will be at the Hisp Ling recruitment day on March 1st. My recruitment weekend for general LING is 2nd-3rd. Hope to see you around then!