Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012

rowlf

I finally heard from UCLA! Got a call last night, sending out packets next week. Full finding and all that stuff. POI said it was a small pool from almost 200 students. When I did the math it was about 5%. Scary!! Still think I'm dreaming hahha

Good luck everyone!

Congrats timetogobacktoschool! Do you have anymore info? Do you know if all the acceptances have been contacted?

Nope and it's driving me crazy! Have you checked your online application status? Mine still reads "in review" =\ I never really had my hopes up in terms of getting into ASU, but it'd be nice to know for sure so I can cross it off my list. Did you apply to U of A as well? That's the other mysterious one.... A single rejection has been posted, but it's from an international student so who knows what that means for the rest of us.

Hey, I'm international too, and haven't heard. They probably didn't make the distinction between Americans and internationals. My guess is that this person asked their POI, or someone in the department, who disclosed the information to them. We probably would have more results if more people had been notified.

Edit: I'm talking about U of A... sorry I didn't make this clear!

I'm fairly certain that U of A has not sent out any official notices yet. I would guess that the person mixed up the two AZ schools.

On the subject of U of A, what is its reputation in the anthropology world for its archaeology program?

I'm fairly certain that U of A has not sent out any official notices yet. I would guess that the person mixed up the two AZ schools.

On the subject of U of A, what is its reputation in the anthropology world for its archaeology program?

Hm, thats a possibility, I hadn't thought about that.

The impression I have gotten is that it's very highly regarded for archaeology. However, I live in Arizona, so I might be a bit biased in terms of simply hearing more about schools that are in state!

Hm, thats a possibility, I hadn't thought about that.

The impression I have gotten is that it's very highly regarded for archaeology. However, I live in Arizona, so I might be a bit biased in terms of simply hearing more about schools that are in state!

I'm doing Archaeology and they regard it highly in my department even if it's halfway across the globe... so I would assume it's really good!

Thanks! I'm [hoping to be] a classical archaeologist, so it's really weird to apply to an anthropology department. I had one professor who gushed over the program and several who discounted it as 'not having a PhD program,' because it's not in the Classics department.

Thanks! I'm [hoping to be] a classical archaeologist, so it's really weird to apply to an anthropology department. I had one professor who gushed over the program and several who discounted it as 'not having a PhD program,' because it's not in the Classics department.

Hey, it looks as if someone just posted an admittance from U of Arizona, from yesterday. Was it you, rkg2012? I mean, you said something about the official results not being available... Did you get an unofficial result?

I know, it's weird for me too, to apply to an Anthropology programme, coming from Archaeology. And so far it hasn't been successful!

Hey, it looks as if someone just posted an admittance from U of Arizona, from yesterday. Was it you, rkg2012? I mean, you said something about the official results not being available... Did you get an unofficial result?

I know, it's weird for me too, to apply to an Anthropology programme, coming from Archaeology. And so far it hasn't been successful!

I just saw that too. Freaking out a bit, so I'd love more details if anyone has them!

That wasn't me. I do have an unofficial admit from a POI, but I haven't posted it, since I didn't want to scare anyone (or jinx myself). The results seem to have come pretty late in past years, so now I'm confused too. Maybe it was unofficial? Anyone want to claim it?

That wasn't me. I do have an unofficial admit from a POI, but I haven't posted it, since I didn't want to scare anyone (or jinx myself). The results seem to have come pretty late in past years, so now I'm confused too. Maybe it was unofficial? Anyone want to claim it?

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to start preparing myself for disappointment, haha. But major congrats to you!

Any idea which schools this might apply to?

Some of these schools are not ones I personally spoke to, but friends of mine have, so I can't say with 100% certainty.

The list of schools are: UPenn, TAMU, Harvard, U. Washington (to send out official acceptances), Washington University, and Washington State.

I hope everything stays on schedule and we hear soon!

More info on Harvard admits, please. Two percent, wow. Any word on the proportion of medical, cultural, or archaeology students this year? How many do you expect make it to the waiting list? Any rumors on which supervisors are taking on new students? Maybe I am getting too detailed here, but I sure am interested!

I would also like to see more details about UChicago & UMichigan. Any word from Chicago?

Thanks in advance for any sharing.