Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012

rowlf

One person has been accepted by UPenn, and one person has been rejected. I haven't received any email. Is that one more example of the trickling down of results as described by Laurissimo, or is it just that these people contacted their POIs?

Not that I'm hopeful (I'm really not) but it would be nice to know, and I'd be very happy if anyone could give me some information :)

I wish I could speak to specific schools :(

One person has been accepted by UPenn, and one person has been rejected. I haven't received any email. Is that one more example of the trickling down of results as described by Laurissimo, or is it just that these people contacted their POIs?

Not that I'm hopeful (I'm really not) but it would be nice to know, and I'd be very happy if anyone could give me some information :)

i am the person who posted the UPenn rejection. I wrote to my POI and was told that all acceptances had gone out. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Penn State... Anyone heard or know anything??? BioAnthropology... I'm going CRAZY here. I'm also too scared to call the damn office and ask them any information, lol.

I'm waiting on the same! Haven't heard anything... did talk to POI a while back and he basically said it's going to be a small class. I would literally do anything to get in there!!!

I got an unofficial announcement from the chair of the committee at Harvard. He called (Skype) and told me that I was admitted by them, and as m41 said, with 4 other students. I think they already notified the students who are admitted, even though it was not an official letter.

I wonder if there are any news from Chicago. It has passed 2 weeks since the interview and still no update from the university.

First of all congrats!

Second, may I ask if this is for the anthropology department? or is it the joint program (Anthropology and Middle East Studies)?

Thanks again!

Good luck.

Jake.

Can anyone shed some light on the Syracuse acceptance?

I'm the Syracuse acceptance. I received an email from the department's Director of Graduate Studies with notification and an invitation to a Maxwell recruitment weekend in March. Best of luck.

I KNOW! After the holiday yesterday I was thinking that a fair number of people would be getting news today, but there have hardly been any new results posted today. Ugh.

That was my thought exactly! I didn't expect NYU Harvard and Columbia to post last week (thought it was happening this week) and the rest of the schools are just killing me not-so-softly.

Where you PhD or MA? Who's supervising you? Was it an official or unofficial acceptance? Which branch of anthro (I'm going for socio-cultural) I was in email contact last week letting them know that my SSHRC app had been forwarded to Ottawa for final verification. Thanks for your response! (Now I'm antsy!)

Hi, I applied for the PhD. It was an unofficial from a professor, for socio-cultural. I don't know about SSHRC, I applied as an outsider so I don't expect to hear from them for a while. Good luck. I know someone who heard in March the year before, so like others have said, it's in waves. I think the unofficial email is also to get a sense of who will likely accept, that way they know who to email in March. That's just my guess though.

Where you PhD or MA? Who's supervising you? Was it an official or unofficial acceptance? Which branch of anthro (I'm going for socio-cultural) I was in email contact last week letting them know that my SSHRC app had been forwarded to Ottawa for final verification. Thanks for your response! (Now I'm antsy!)

Hi, also I meant to say, if you get SSHRC you're golden! I had a friend who was outright rejected from U of T anthro, until he got SSHRC, and they let him in.

That was my thought exactly! I didn't expect NYU Harvard and Columbia to post last week (thought it was happening this week) and the rest of the schools are just killing me not-so-softly.

Re: Columbia - false. I spoke to people in the department. Not all decisions have been made yet; they're to be finalized at the end of this week.

Re: Columbia - false. I spoke to people in the department. Not all decisions have been made yet; they're to be finalized at the end of this week.

Oh whaaaaat!! Thanks for the info! I was under the impression that all decisions were made. Crossing my fingers to stay close to home and take advantage of the great departments we have in the area.

Didn't realize any decisions had been made, on account of the lack of any postings on the results page