Anthropology Waiting/Results 2012

rowlf

congrats to the UCSD admits! would any one of you be willing to post or PM me saying whether the emails were individualized or all sent out simultaneously?

Thx! :)

Same for me- email from the Dean (with individualized names). I was sent to the application sight to download forms, etc. Probably going here, even if I hear from my other picks, the faculty is right-on for me... very excited!

Hi TJ89

I think Stanford notifications go out very soon. I thought they were supposed to at the end of this week but it looks like it might be this coming week.

Thanks for the update Nubiadoc.

I am beginning to think this year is a total re-do for me (I have not been called for any interviews, and have one rejection under my belt), but I am still holding out a little more hope for UT Austin. If anyone has any info on this school's timeline, that would be great. Do they conduct interviews, contact prospectives, etc? Has anyone "here" been in touch with anyone "there"?

Thanks!

A few days after I applied to UT Austin in December I got an e-mail from my POI stating that they would only be taking about four people this year and that they would almost certainly be people who were coming in with outside funding. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-(.

Did anyone apply to the Anthro-History program at the University of Michigan? If so, have you heard anything/gotten interviews etc.? I noticed that someone got accepted to the Anthro program at Michigan but haven't seen anything about the Anthro-History program.

Got rejection from CUNY today - anyone have any insight into the CUNY process?

They seem to have cut first, then accepted bunch and now a bunch of waitlists/rejects - wondering if this means I made the first cut at least. I already have a good offer to stay in Canada probably wouldn't have gone anyways, but would like to know where I stand in my US applications.

Looks like I'm rejected from everywhere in the US apart from BU, assuming silence from Stanford, Columbia, NYU (Soc), and Chicago means I'm out - but why couldn't they just tell me already?

Has anyone heard from University of Tennessee, Texas A&M (nautical arch), UCLA (Cotsen), Penn State, or Columbia?

I haven't heard anything yet, which probably means rejections. :/ sigh.

Has anyone heard from University of Tennessee, Texas A&M (nautical arch), UCLA (Cotsen), Penn State, or Columbia?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the UCLA's Cotsen interviews/visits are this coming weekend. Last year they sent out rejections by the beginning of February though, so who knows.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the UCLA's Cotsen interviews/visits are this coming weekend. Last year they sent out rejections by the beginning of February though, so who knows.

Guess I didn't get in then.

Thanks for the info! Better to know now than later :]

With an offer from Yale, I can finally sleep at night!

Since the department hasn't sent out an email to everyone yet (maybe some applicants haven't been contacted?), I would love those others who got in could write to me: 2012applicantconversations@gmail.com -- sorry for the mouthful, I couldn't think of a better name at the time).

Also the person who logged an acceptance to Stanford ecology and environment track, I would be interested to hear about what your projects and interests are. In fact to all Stanford and Berkeley admits, please send me an email if it's convenient for you and I'd be happy to sit down and talk if you're in Berkeley at any point.

I was told Texas A&M anthro dept. as a whole will send out official acceptance notices by the end of this week or early next week. They started voting on applicants last week.

Edited by zillie

A few days after I applied to UT Austin in December I got an e-mail from my POI stating that they would only be taking about four people this year and that they would almost certainly be people who were coming in with outside funding. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-(.

Well, thanks for the information, anyway. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

I got my Cornell rejection letter today from the dean of the department. It is well written.

But stil sad. No news from other UCSD, UCLA, and NYU. Guess I have been rejected too, since no news from the three at all.

So sad to see bubbles of hope burst one by one.

I was told Texas A&M anthro dept. as a whole will send out official acceptance notices by the end of this week or early next week. They started voting on applicants last week.

Thanks for the info. Good luck!

Anyone who knows about UC Berkeley (Medical Anthropology track) ?? I know that many people have already got acceptances, but no one posted as medical anthropological track.... It makes me keep waiting. :(

Same here! did anyone hear from Berkeley medical anthro?? interview? reject? acceptance? PLEASE please let me know!

@fanfox: were you invited for interview?

Same here! did anyone hear from Berkeley medical anthro?? interview? reject? acceptance? PLEASE please let me know!

A friend got an offer around the time the social cultural people did, and that they took 2 people. I think that's their norm.

Hello Zoee!!

I weren't invited for interview. How about you? It's my final result, so I'm looking forward to it.