What will you treat yourself to?

OnceAndFutureGrad

I think a new laptop (mine is turning 5 y.o. this year), a couple of decent suits for conferences, professional meetings, etc, a night of drunken debauchery with my partner, and maybe a tablet for reading journals (that seems like it would be really handy). Mostly pragmatic, especially the drinking. :D

If I get accepted to my top choice I'll be putting a new bike, a wardrobe update, a quality messenger bag, a new laptop, and a vacation all on little bits of paper. Then I will build a roulette wheel, equally distribute said pieces of paper and allow myself one spin.

Edited by EdaxFlamma

I'm going to buy some fancy Kate Spade stationary to write my thank you notes on. I'll probably treat myself to lots of unhealthy food, too! On the impractical side, I would really like another pair of Frye boots...this could be dangerous.

These are all so great, I think if I get accepted anywhere I will want to do all the above whilst jumping for joy and doing some rendition of the happy dance. But I am assuredly doing several things: getting new clothes, crying hysterically, and getting extraordinarily drunk, not necessarily in that order.

If I am accepted anywhere, I have been thinking about rewarding myself with some sort of e-reader/tablet. My field will require reading lots of journal articles, which tend to be online in PDF format, so having an e-reader to look at them on would be nice.

Along those lines, if anyone has a suggestion on the best e-reader for that sort of thing, I would love to hear it! The big requirement is that it can handle PDF...

I also plan to celebrate with a couple bottles of really nice beer (I'm a beer geek) that I have been saving.

Should the day come that I receive an acceptance, I will be taking my close friends with me to my favorite tea shop and supplying everyone (including myself) with tea and cupcakes! I can't afford a huge dinner, but cupcakes and tea are just as good (if not better)!

I kept my promise. It was the most delicious cupcake I have ever eaten.

I kept my promise. It was the most delicious cupcake I have ever eaten.

Congrats!!!

I got the official email last night :D I woke up at 9 today, going to yoga for noon, might go to the cinema with mom, then will knit all evening... and then will play video games ALL DAY TOMORROW, as per my promise to myself. And maybe knit a bit, since I do need to finish the scarf I'm knitting before valentine's day :ph34r:

I didn't buy any champagne on the way home etc etc because I was already home when I got the message - luckily, we had some champagne stashed away :]