What will you treat yourself to?

OnceAndFutureGrad

I think I'll allow myself a nice haircut from this upscale salon that I've only been to once (I could never rationalize the cost to myself afterward).

That, and a new Macbook Pro some point between now and starting classes. My current laptop turns five in April, and has developed a number of personality tics.

I think I'm going to treat myself to that pricey spa and massage I've been eyeing for a while. I had better survive this waiting period and stress, I want that massage! Lol. In the meantime, I'm going to post a "vacation responder" on my e-mail for a few short days as I think my poor Gmail refresher button is just about to file an assault charge against me soon.

"I'm on vacation: from myself and the world. Thank you and have a nice day"

Just a month away...

My husband and I booked a resort spa getaway for our ten year anniversary towards the end of February. I figure by this time I should have a pretty good idea of where I stand. If accepted I will be celebrating with lots of spa treatments and wine. If rejected I will be comforting myself with lots of spa treatments and wine. Either way I see lots of spa treatments and wine in my near future. :)

Once I've finally made a decision (should I receive multiple acceptance letters), it'll be wine and shoes. Expensive wine and shoes or, well, kind of expensive wine and shoes, because I'm still living on a poor undergraduate budget.

This is a lovely idea. If/when accepted I'll need about 10032452 things. But, I will be fo sho' securing an ipad. I wanted one for my MA but it just wasn't in the stipend. I'll probably also buy some clothes................. :)

I might also convince the partner to take me somewhere fancy...in our new town!!! :)

Good luck, all!

Assuming tickets are still on sale, I would like to see the Ting Tings performing in Seattle. Also, I'm waiting to see where I'll be relocating before buying a fancy new messenger bag. Will I need something waterproof or can I get leather? Those are questions I need answering.... I would like leather, but I'll probably get something weatherproof/waterproof.

I love you for beating me to the Dr. Who reference!

If I am accepted, I will get myself a kittykat! He will be fluffy, possibly a Ragdoll breed, and named Herr Chancellor Otto Eduard Leopold von Bismarck (Bizy for short). I will also purchase a set of really nice, expensive cooking knives. This purchase will have no relation to the recent acquisition of the kitty.

oh this is so great! i am a ragdoll owner myself.

If I'm accepted, i will plan a weekend vacation to get away from the stress of the MA i'm currently in/my job, and have time to relax and celebrate!!

also, maybe some fancy art supplies :)

If I get into the grad program with amazing funding for 4 years, my partner and I are going to Hawaii! (I've already gotten into one, but I don't know the financials yet...)

When I get acceptances (I hope) on paper, we're going to break out a fancy bottle of Belgian beer! I'm also getting myself a laptop because I've been without a computer since undergrad (5 years ago), but i'm going to wait until the summer so I can get a free ipod or printer with the new mac! :)

Oh also, I'm thinking of getting my nose rings back... now taht I'll have at least 4-5 years w/out a 9-5... I'll have to decide if 28 is too old ;)

I might do the same - had to take mine out for teaching, and now I'm working at a bar that won't allow it (I know, right?) Although I'm not sure my SO will be behind that; he's never seen me with one :P

When I posted in this thread a month ago right after submitting my aps, I didnt think it was going to be this stressful, so I just said "A joint and some beer."

Now...

If I get in somewhere, its 5 straight bowls, a kegger at my place, glowsticks, a local DJ, facebook status updates to hell, and chocolate icecream on chocolate cake, with strippers everywhere.

Now...

If I get in somewhere, its 5 straight bowls, a kegger at my place, glowsticks, a local DJ, facebook status updates to hell, and chocolate icecream on chocolate cake, with strippers everywhere.

Quite the lush ;)

When I posted in this thread a month ago right after submitting my aps, I didnt think it was going to be this stressful, so I just said "A joint and some beer."

Now...

LOL!!! This is the most BALLING Sh*t EVERRRR....

Buy some nice new basketball shoes

Buy a complete DVD set of Firefly or Battlestar Galactica or Doctor Who (I went as the Eleventh for Halloween, fez, bowtie, bracers and all!)

Go out to dinner with some close friends

Get wasted and hit on some lovely ladies

Buy some books on my wish list

Take in a musical theatre or ballet show

Mind you, I will probably only be able to afford one of those things =)

Oh also, I'm thinking of getting my nose rings back... now taht I'll have at least 4-5 years w/out a 9-5... I'll have to decide if 28 is too old ;)

Do it! My decision is if I swap out my septum retainer for a ring or not...if I get in to grad school I think I'll do it! Which will probably force me to swap my nostril ring for a plain stud but it'd be worth it :) I wonder if that would be too edgy for grad school, even though I'd only be 24? I dunno, thoughts?

i can't believe only one person said smoke a bowl, haha. if i get in somewhere with full funding, i'm moving with my friends to a SE Asian beach for a month and living on only happy pizza.

I recommend Sihanoukville in Cambodia (although you're prob already familiar) - definitely lost a week hanging out down there. Love it

So far one acceptance and it looks like I have treated myself to a couple pounds of celebratory food xD but it was delicious. I have been thinking, my big reward will be getting the different ear piercings I want.

I'm already going on a trip to Europe this summer as a present from parents who are crazy enough to be happy I'm getting a Ph.D. in English Lit.

If I get into one of my three top choice schools, I'm going to get a new, nice (expensive) bike.

Haha I bought myself a new, open-boxed laptop from eBay even though I'm still at the interview stage :P I will for sure enjoy my trip for the interview as I love traveling!