What will you treat yourself to?

OnceAndFutureGrad

I'm getting myself one of those pens from staples that records and then syncs the recording to written notes. Useful AND ridiculously cool. I'm also going to start using the lucky mug I bought myself months ago but kept wrapped and hidden in my closet until I got into school, but I might wait on that until I actually move. Exciting, I know.

I WISH I could do a tattoo, but I am waaaaay to poor right now.

Maybe for graduation?

I wish I could do a tattoo too!

Wasn't going to get myself anything, but...just got into and am planning to attend my ultimate, way beyond reach program!! Sooo...definitely going to get myself a school sweatshirt, and because I'll desperatley need dressy clothes for field placements - shopping "spree" (aka mostly goodwill and some supplemental old navy or j.c. penny ;) ). Woo! Too bad they have to be grown up clothes.

I also third the "I wish I could afford a tattoo" sentiment!!!

Re: tattoo sentiments

I was all stoked to get this huge thigh piece, and then I planned out my budget for next year based on potential cities (SF or Edinburgh). Looks like I'll be going for something small and text based instead! :P

Loving this thread!

I'm going to:

Get a babysitter and go out to dinner with husband at a great restaurant (or maybe lunch if we can't get a babysitter)

Get a Mission Workshop Backpack (already have leather messenger - it's overrated, trust me)

Buy shiny new components (Velo Orange for those who care) and a new wheelset for one of my vintage bikes and totally rebuild it for the commute

1) These are fantastic.

2) My rejection from my dream school is still stinging a bit. It has only been 2 days. I was all alone on a plane that was about to take off when I got my acceptance, so all I could do was smile for 2 hours! I should probably do something else when I'm over the rejection. When I got THAT one, I cried in a restaurant. I'm cool like that.

3) When I get back to school, there's a nearly full bottle of girly cake-flavored vodka with my name on it. (Hey, I'm still an undergrad for another 7 weeks! I'm allowed!) I guess it's a celebration/consolation thing? I won't be done with spring break for another week, so hopefully by then it will be more of a celebration. :)

4) After that, I want to get a new ear piercing. It's nothing too fancy, but it will commemorate my acceptance. I have a hard time rewarding myself for anything, so I'm taking it slow!

I have been saving up Chase reward points for God knows how long now...$900 worth of rewards points later, I'm ready to celebrate with a new MacBook Pro for grad school! (Yes, I know that the $900 is a little short, but who cares!)

Love this thread! Still waiting on the one and only program I applied to, but the reward I've promised myself all along is a nice, weatherproof canvas bag. Maybe a pair of Fluevogs, a puppy, a lot of liquor, and the most expensive items from LUSH.

Plan B just involves a lot of liquor.

I don't know if I read about it on this thread, but someone mentioned treating their significant other to something special after getting an offer! I don't know about you guys, but my boyfriend is a saint for putting up with me from October-March. My mood was all over the place! We're going exploring at the campus of one school I got an offer from this weekend, and I'm treating him to a nice dinner date afterwards (with lots of WINE)! B)

I think that our partners deserve a whole lot of praise for putting up with us all during this stressful time!

I completely agree. My significant other has put up with constant stress, reassuring me at every turn and providing comfort when delays, rejections and just plain neurotic worrying takes over. She deserves a present if/when I get accepted.

As for what I would treat myself to, I'm looking forward to the ability to breath easily again and this dead weight in my stomach relocating itself. At least until I start my dissertation. Sometimes I cannot really believe how much I want this to work out.

A motorcycle. Not an expensive one, but definitely a motorcycle.

I had one years ago but gave it up because I wasn't riding it enough to justify the maintenance costs. We only get about 4 months of motorcycle weather up here in Vermont, and that's if it doesn't rain the whole time. So now that I am moving to Arizona where it is always sunny, I am going to make the most of that. And I can additionally justify this to myself based on what it will save me in commuting costs.

So now that I am moving to Arizona where it is always sunny, I am going to make the most of that. And I can additionally justify this to myself based on what it will save me in commuting costs.

You say this, but it's been raining and cold since yesterday. :P Not to worry, though, just try not to swallow any bees, apparently that happens more often than bikers care to admit.