Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

this makes me feel a lot better about adding "10/10 chocolate chip banana bread" to my skills on my resume. 

Wait, we can add that? Because I make a mean chocolate chip banana bread. So mean, it's nice.

Yeah, I've been anxious ever since I heard one of my friends has already started hearing admissions answers. It is a different program but still.....it sets you off. I think that might be the case with most people. You're carrying on with your merry self and then some event just flips a switch.

Yep.  I'll add to the chorus by saying that the time from being done with aps (beginning of Dec) to the third week of Jan was a sinch.  Then while casually inspecting the results search, I saw interviews going out in my field and now... for two weeks... I have been OCD about obtaining information.  Nothing big, just curious about THE FUTURE OF THE REST OF MY DAMN LIFE... that's all.  There are a few of us out there who are a little bit concerned...

I would be happy to offer advice about whether chocolate chip banana bread skills should appear on your CV, but I really think it depends on the quality.  Tell you what, I'll PM you my address, and you can all send me samples. You know, for science.  :ph34r:

I wouldn't be so concerned (read: panicking like mad) if the programs I applied to with December deadlines didn't make it known that their decisions wouldn't be made until late February/early March. If they needed my info so early and take that long to decide, I don't even want to think when the programs with Jan. 15 deadlines will let me know. And that's even before pondering what they're going to tell me.

I need to make a decision about housing for next year soon if I'm staying in Aber. I'm not anxious now so much as annoyed. I know basically, where I want to go and I just need to do some math to make sure it's all good money wise. Or at least, decently okay. ;) Yes, I'm going to go into debt on an MLIS (UK equivalent perhaps) and I'm OKAY with that. Because it's what I want to do.

ESPECIALLY since I just found out that the UN has an archival internship. *drools* I have to be enrolled in a Master's or a PhD at the time which is a little weird I think. But... if they have internships maybe they have jobs? Or if the UN has archives, that has to mean other humanitarian-based organizations have archives, right? I don't know why I'm this excited about the UN having archives. Probably because my goal of being an archivist in an NGO can actually happen!

tumblr_lk359tXZNP1qh9061o1_100.gif

I got an email this morning with the subject line, "Congratulations Are in Order!" Needless to say, I got pretty happy....

But it was just about a professor in my department winning a university award. Damn :(. My descent into hyper-strung madness continues.

I'll take an acceptance...its my birthday for crying out loud and all I've gotten so far today was a rejection

Happy Bday! Geesh, a rejection on your bday, ouch....  I'm turning 30 in early March, which is about the time I will be hearing from most of my schools, turning 30 is stressful enough, let alone finding out the fate of my future!!!

Happy Bday! Geesh, a rejection on your bday, ouch....  I'm turning 30 in early March, which is about the time I will be hearing from most of my schools, turning 30 is stressful enough, let alone finding out the fate of my future!!!

Thanks...yeah I turned 31 today so I know your pain on that one. 

I got an email this morning with the subject line, "Congratulations Are in Order!" Needless to say, I got pretty happy....

But it was just about a professor in my department winning a university award. Damn :(. My descent into hyper-strung madness continues.

This is just cruel!

gosh, this is the worst fake out ive seen yet. I wonder what they were even thinking...On one side it freaks out all the applicants and makes them a bit crazy. On the other side, the discussion about the awesome department just makes the same applicants jealous and want to go. Its all bad for those that haven't been admitted yet...

gosh, this is the worst fake out ive seen yet. I wonder what they were even thinking...On one side it freaks out all the applicants and makes them a bit crazy. On the other side, the discussion about the awesome department just makes the same applicants jealous and want to go. Its all bad for those that haven't been admitted yet...

Ah, well the email was from my current school, not one of the ones I applied to, so it wasn't quite that bad! But when you just woke up and you're already primed for an admissions decision email, you can be forgiven for skipping over the "from" line.

Anyone freak out today when Stanford sent an email requesting you to fill out a survey? My heart almost skipped a beat when I thought it was a decision...AND then, it was expired when I clicked on it. Grrrr....

Anyone freak out today when Stanford sent an email requesting you to fill out a survey? My heart almost skipped a beat when I thought it was a decision...AND then, it was expired when I clicked on it. Grrrr....

Yup! I posted about this in the Ed thread. At least we know that we will find out by March 1st!

I have been loosing my mind, especially since the beginning of February. I've been constantly checking my email and this site for any updates on the programs to which I applied. I had no idea what I would do if I didn't I get into any of these programs and could not bear to make myself start looking for jobs. I finally heard back from two schools today. I got wait-listed at one but got into the other, so that is a huge load of my mind.

I have been loosing my mind, especially since the beginning of February. I've been constantly checking my email and this site for any updates on the programs to which I applied. I had no idea what I would do if I didn't I get into any of these programs and could not bear to make myself start looking for jobs. I finally heard back from two schools today. I got wait-listed at one but got into the other, so that is a huge load of my mind.

Congratulations for getting into a program!!!

Happy Birthday CPM and Sconnie! Not revealing my age, but you guys make me feel too old to go to grad school!

Thanks! LOL! I taught some undergrads that were in their 50's, don't worry. I wish I was older, that way I had more experience in my field.

Fantastic!!! Congrats!!! :)

One of the programs I applied to started sending out acceptances yesterday. I wasn't one of those. I'm getting worried :unsure: I'm so glad I have a couple of acceptances under my belt to keep me a little sane.

Besides that, I almost had a heart attack when I saw an email with the word "Admission." It was some spam email about getting an online degree <_<