Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

This is true. I'm sure there are plenty of people who "exaggerate" their stats

i proudly posted my not-so-perfect stats for that exact reason! thought i'd give some hope to fellow low-GPA applicants who've got many other strengths that make them a good fit for places. :)

i proudly posted my not-so-perfect stats for that exact reason! thought i'd give some hope to fellow low-GPA applicants who've got many other strengths that make them a good fit for places. :)

Yep, same here! And I hope the info in my signature can be of some use to next season's applicants.  I think it's interesting to look at others in my prospective program who have similar stats and see where they applied and what their outcomes were.  It seems more "personal" (and probably more accurate) than just seeing the average GRE scores on schools' websites :) 

One of my top programs supposedly should be notifying accepted students this week (based on past years), and I get so excited whenever my inbox tells me I have email. Except it's almost always spam, notifications from my current program about campus-wide professional development events, or questions from students about the homework.

My thoughts exactly.  My GRE scores are fairly middling, so I like to think that by posting them I can help set some people's mind at ease about the relative unimportance of that aspect of their applications. :)

I couldn't imagine waiting since September! Then again, it may have been easier to forget about it if I could've applied that early. Applying right before the deadlines created even more suspense!!

I know! It was easier to "forget" about the applications until I saw results trickling in for other programs close to my program from the schools. But what keeps me calm is knowing you guys are feeling the same way about having not heard from all your schools! Hang in there, guys. It is almost over!....in a couple more months.......

The most frustrating thing for me has been looking (or obsessing) at the results pages and wondering why the dates aren't lining up.  In past years it looks like one of my schools informed applicants of their status on February 8th, it's now February 12th.  Yes, I'm nitpicking and a complete mess at this point.  You'd think I was a crack addict the way I'm staring at these results searches lol.

The most frustrating thing for me has been looking (or obsessing) at the results pages and wondering why the dates aren't lining up. In past years it looks like one of my schools informed applicants of their status on February 8th, it's now February 12th. Yes, I'm nitpicking and a complete mess at this point. You'd think I was a crack addict the way I'm staring at these results searches lol.

I can do you one better! I also have a program that notified Feb 8/9 the past few years. So I looked at which days those were in the 2010-2011 calendars! Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, FYI!

Got an email today telling me they are missing Rec letters. Really!!?? I told them the letters were sent 2-3 weeks ago. That's what happens when a school wants letters sent in the snail-mail. It's not the 18th century anymore, have the letters sent ELECTRONICALLY. Ugggh, at least that was my last school I applied to, shouldn't have to worry about anything now other than waiting on decisions.

Today a lot of schools informed applicants of their status. Too bad I didn't apply to any of those.

I calmed down significantly when I received an acceptance from one of my schools, but as the silence drags on for my top choice - after what I thought were good interviews - I'm becoming nervous again. I was so hoping to hear something today...

I calmed down significantly when I received an acceptance from one of my schools, but as the silence drags on for my top choice - after what I thought were good interviews - I'm becoming nervous again. I was so hoping to hear something today...

I know right. I've been replaying the interview in my mind trying to analyze every tiny detail. It's pathetic.

Got an email today telling me they are missing Rec letters. Really!!?? I told them the letters were sent 2-3 weeks ago. That's what happens when a school wants letters sent in the snail-mail. It's not the 18th century anymore, have the letters sent ELECTRONICALLY. Ugggh, at least that was my last school I applied to, shouldn't have to worry about anything now other than waiting on decisions.

This happened to me yesterday. One of my recommenders refused to use an electronic system (ugh), so it all had to be done via USPS. I had his letter sent back in November, but my application wasn't processed until the beginning of January. When it had been a full month, I called to see why the letter hadn't been matched up with my application. Turns out, they put it in a file for people who send incomplete materials and never officially apply.

:angry:

Okay folks, I hereby officially give up ...126fs3281498.gif

I treat myself to a Johnnie Walker Red Label. I have wasted enough time on this absurd thing. 

I will try to concentrate on my plan B -staying where I am for my PhD- and try to look on the bright side which is getting my PhD in 3 years and the joy of being in AZ. studsmatta.gif

Hi Everyone! 

After receiving my first rejection last Friday, from a program that I considered a "safety" school. I felt extremely discouraged and not worthwhile of any of the programs I applied to. However, I received my first acceptance today — to a program I had really considered a "reach" from the very beginning. I am absolutely elated! I want to cry, to scream, and all those roller coaster emotions. 

If you're still waiting, don't give up hope. This forum has helped me through sleepless nights and surges of anxiety. Thank you for providing me hope and I only wish all that same hope to all of you! 

Edited by TippyGradHopeful

Man... I have not heard back anything at all from any program yet. Not a rejection, not a waitlisted, not an interview invite, not an acceptance--nothing. All the waiting and uncertainty is really getting to me, especially that I see people from some of the programs I applied to have already been given interview invites or rejections... I don't know what to make of the complete radio silence...

Man... I have not heard back anything at all from any program yet. Not a rejection, not a waitlisted, not an interview invite, not an acceptance--nothing. All the waiting and uncertainty is really getting to me, especially that I see people from some of the programs I applied to have already been given interview invites or rejections... I don't know what to make of the complete radio silence...

I'm having the same issue. My wife found this site and I saw that one school I applied to has offered interviews, but nothing from any other school that I applied to. I'm getting ready to start filling out job applications...