Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Should I go ahead and assume a rejection from Georgetown for a Masters? I have heard NOTHING, even though I know another person on here has also applied. George Washington University should be sending out information either the end of this week or beginning of next. 

Should I go ahead and assume a rejection from Georgetown for a Masters? I have heard NOTHING, even though I know another person on here has also applied. George Washington University should be sending out information either the end of this week or beginning of next. 

Masters notifications tend to be later, and are mostly discussed in the Government Affairs Forum. I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. In this game, unless you heard otherwise, no notification means no notification, nothing more, but also nothing less!

which master's program? i'm currently in the AG program and they took quite some time to release results

Last year I didn't get news from sfs til march, so don't assume anything.

Last year I didn't get news from sfs til march, so don't assume anything.

Got a personal email (in the BCC line, so presumably it went to a number of people) saying I was waitlisted at GWU last week, and just now got an email to check the website with an application decision saying I was admitted, and an alternate for funding.

I'm assuming this means the waitlist is actually a waitlist for funding. I would never do this, but theoretically one could accept without funding. 

GWU is notorious for accepting students without offering them funding.

Although someone talked to a person there, who said they wanted to get away from this professional-program image they've been having. Maybe this is the transition period, but the online system doesn't reflect their shift away from not funding grad students yet?

Hahaha seriously what is going on on the results page?? Can't wait to see what happens with Harvard and the rest of the last few next week....

Also, anyone know what's going on with Georgetown? 

Edited by cane14

I'm hoping to hear something from Syracuse today. I just really want to wrap up this cycle! I'm also assuming rejection from temple since I haven't heard anything.... a huge bummer since I love Philly.

Any particular reason to think Syracuse will notify today? Or just hopeful? :) I'm just curious, cause I'm waiting on them as well!

I'm hoping to hear something from Syracuse today. I just really want to wrap up this cycle! I'm also assuming rejection from temple since I haven't heard anything.... a huge bummer since I love Philly.

Philadelphia is reason enough to accept any offer from UPenn or Temple. And, for those who care, they are building an "Eataly" there which will be completed by the time the next academic year will begin.

Now if UPenn could just reject me already I could officially start figuring out my life.

Edited by IR IR IR PhD

Any particular reason to think Syracuse will notify today? Or just hopeful? :) I'm just curious, cause I'm waiting on them as well!

Someone said a few pages back that Syracuse would notify sometime at the end of February, so I'm just hoping that's true.

Someone said a few pages back that Syracuse would notify sometime at the end of February, so I'm just hoping that's true.

Aah, ok :) That was me. I emailed them a week or so ago and that was the answer I got. They said the goal was to have decisions by the end of February, but it didn't sound very definite. I'm with you, though! I really hope to hear something today! 

Really wanna get positive email from Syracuse since I've received 0 acceptance till now.

paleblueeyes and lovelycat, what are your subfields anyway? 

Really wanna get positive email from Syracuse since I've received 0 acceptance till now.

paleblueeyes and lovelycat, what are your subfields anyway? 

IR person waiting to hear from Syracuse over here. I have yet to hear from four schools, but I am just sooo ready for my cycle to be over!

IR person waiting to hear from Syracuse over here. I have yet to hear from four schools, but I am just sooo ready for my cycle to be over!

I have yet to hear from 3 (plus a waitlist, so you could say 4)! I'm really ready to be done as well. What schools are you already in at?

I'm comparative.

Aah ok! Any particular region(s) you're interested in?

I'm American!

The baby jesus just answered my prayers and I got an acceptance email from Temple... no funding though. I'm hoping funding becomes available. The email sounds hopeful at least.

Also, I don't know what "Eataly" is, but it sounds like something I'd be all about.

I'm American!

The baby jesus just answered my prayers and I got an acceptance email from Temple... no funding though. I'm hoping funding becomes available. The email sounds hopeful at least.

Also, I don't know what "Eataly" is, but it sounds like something I'd be all about.

CONGRATULATIONS! 

And, for those who care, they are building an "Eataly" there which will be completed by the time the next academic year will begin.

Never been to one, but I'm pretty sure this knowledge would immediately win him over to a Philly move.

EDIT: PARTNER. Will win over my PARTNER. Good grief.

Edited by cupofnimbus