Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Question about the UNC admit: what website were you told to check? All I have is my applyyourself.com account, which shows that my application is complete.

Also, I'd like to claim one of the Wisconsin-Madison acceptances. Very, very relieved.

Many many congratulations! For the sake of the rest of the good people here (namely their sanity - I don't have sanity, nor did I apply there), mind divulging: was it a form letter, or did it seem personalized? 

Edited by TakeMyCoffeeBlack

Many many congratulations! For the sake of the rest of the good people here (namely their sanity - I don't have sanity, nor did I apply there), mind divulging: was it a form letter, or did it seem personalized? 

I'd say it's neither too formal nor too personalized. It addresses me using my nickname, but other than that it sounds rather impersonal. It is only an informal acceptance and says that I have been recommended for admission to the political science department.

Question about the UNC admit: what website were you told to check? All I have is my applyyourself.com account, which shows that my application is complete.

Also, I'd like to claim one of the Wisconsin-Madison acceptances. Very, very relieved.

Congratulations!

Thanks. Do you have an idea about how many people were admitted in the first round? I will start to assume I am rejected if I don't hear anything in two days. :(

I really wouldn't do that. I was accepted. I'm super excited to check it out. If I had to bet, I'm very confident I'll go there, but funding decisions (which will obviously impact my decision) will not be available (for most schools, I take it) until March. So, come March, they might offer me 0 dollars, to which I would probably pass on, and you get the next offer!

Easier to say when you aren't in the position, but don't consider yourself out of the running until you actually are! 

Congrats to this wave of admits!!! I'm really wishing I had applied to some places that made earlier decisions, alas. 

With UC-Davis having sent out decisions should we be expecting other UC programs (esp. UCLA and Berkeley) to be sending out notifications soon? I assume that they're on the same academic calendar.  

Edited by wokeem

To UC Boulder admits, were you guys interviewed prior to acceptance? Thanks. 

UC Boulder admit here. No interview prior to acceptance, however the political science graduate adviser did call me the next day (very informal conversation about upcoming recruitment weekend, etc.). I'm very excited, as this is one of my top choices. If funded, I'm there!

Keep your head up, it is still very early. It is also my understanding that more acceptances might go out at a later date.

Congrats to this wave of admits!!! I'm really wishing I had applied to some places that made earlier decisions, alas. 

With UC-Davis having sent out decisions should we be expecting other UC programs (esp. UCLA and Berkeley) to be sending out notifications soon? I assume that they're on the same academic calendar.  

Doubt it.

I'm hoping for UCSD this week...not any others. 

Thanks, TMCB. I always regret checking the results page because it destroys my concentration for the day! Attempting to go back to my Kant now and stop compulsively refreshing my email haha.

Thanks, TMCB. I always regret checking the results page because it destroys my concentration for the day! Attempting to go back to my Kant now and stop compulsively refreshing my email haha.

I just read some Kant for the first time (outside of summaries) over Christmas. My god, the man was brilliant!

Kant is probably the slowest reading I've ever been assigned.  Very thick.

Question for the OSU applicants who have been "accepted by email" according to the results search; did you email your POI or the DGS, or did they email you? I am trying to figure out if I should email them and ask my status or just wait. 

Congrats to all Wisconsin admits! For those who were accepted by email, do you know if your status on my.wisc was also updated?

Not updated yet, the email came from someone within the department, but I'm guessing the website is updated by the graduate school