Welcome to the 2013-2014 Cycle

Cesare

Question for the OSU applicants who have been "accepted by email" according to the results search; did you email your POI or the DGS, or did they email you? I am trying to figure out if I should email them and ask my status or just wait. 

I emailed the POI who had given me a call earlier to ask the status of my application, which still said (and still does say) "pending" on the website. When I clicked "more details", though, it shows me that the application is approved and going through financial review. I would just email and ask! I think they're quite aware of the fact that their computer program is doing weird stuff.

I emailed the POI who had given me a call earlier to ask the status of my application, which still said (and still does say) "pending" on the website. When I clicked "more details", though, it shows me that the application is approved and going through financial review. I would just email and ask! I think they're quite aware of the fact that their computer program is doing weird stuff.

Ok. Thank you very much! Congratulations as well!

Huge congratulations to the Wisconsin admits who have heard so far. I hope to meet a bunch of you when you come up here to the visit weekend. Out of sheer idle curiosity, does anyone want to share which professor contacted you?

Congratulations to all the recent admits! Well done :)

Congrats to this wave of admits!!! I'm really wishing I had applied to some places that made earlier decisions, alas. 

With UC-Davis having sent out decisions should we be expecting other UC programs (esp. UCLA and Berkeley) to be sending out notifications soon? I assume that they're on the same academic calendar.

I'm like...95% sure UCLA will start notifying on Monday, February 3rd. (Although there is a miniscule chance, I suppose, that they're on an earlier schedule this year and start notifying today.)

Question about the UNC admit: what website were you told to check? All I have is my applyyourself.com account, which shows that my application is complete.

Also, I'd like to claim one of the Wisconsin-Madison acceptances. Very, very relieved.

Congrats to all the Wisconsin admits! The UNC email told me to go to applyyourself.com. My application is still listed as submitted (with the submission date, references, official GRE scores, transcripts, etc.), but there's a new link at the bottom that says "Your application decision is now available online." There seems to be some scattered admits to other Departments.

My primary field is Comparative, but I'm definitely not an IR applicant.

Congrats to all the Wisconsin admits! The UNC email told me to go to applyyourself.com. My application is still listed as submitted (with the submission date, references, official GRE scores, transcripts, etc.), but there's a new link at the bottom that says "Your application decision is now available online." There seems to be some scattered admits to other Departments.

My primary field is Comparative, but I'm definitely not an IR applicant.

I see. Thank you.

Congrats to all Wisconsin admits. That's one great program you got into.

And here is to hope that those of us who didn't receive an e-mail yet have POIs who are just lazier than the others :)

From your fingers to god's ears :)

Question for the OSU applicants who have been "accepted by email" according to the results search; did you email your POI or the DGS, or did they email you? I am trying to figure out if I should email them and ask my status or just wait. 

In my case, I received an email from the Office of Graduate Admissions informing me that the Graduate Studies Committee recommended me for admission to the program. I didn't email my POI. In the application status, it is still "pending" and when clicking on more details it shows the same as mamalik.

In my case, I received an email from the Office of Graduate Admissions informing me that the Graduate Studies Committee recommended me for admission to the program. I didn't email my POI. In the application status, it is still "pending" and when clicking on more details it shows the same as mamalik.

I finally received the email as well -- but that was today, several days after my POI told me I was accepted. Just email them. I think they would be happy to answer your questions.

So, I wasn't contacted by a POI from OSU, and my app still says pending. I'm just going to assume that means a rejection at this point... Time to move on.

Bear in mind however that many people will likely be turning down OSU's offer, so there remains the possibility that you've been wait-listed and could still receive an acceptance further down the road.

So I vowed to stay off this site till I got my first admit. And I must say the wait has been short :) After an intense evening where I won everything on my Football Manager save, I received an email from UC Davis notifying me that I've been accepted (funding details in the next few days). I feel intensely relieved and a little sore in the head (because this ceiling is not too high, and even if I'm not tall I'm not a dwarf, and yes jumping was involved).

So I vowed to stay off this site till I got my first admit. And I must say the wait has been short :) After an intense evening where I won everything on my Football Manager save, I received an email from UC Davis notifying me that I've been accepted (funding details in the next few days). I feel intensely relieved and a little sore in the head (because this ceiling is not too high, and even if I'm not tall I'm not a dwarf, and yes jumping was involved).

Sounds like a well-deserved acceptance! Congrats!

congrats to all those who've been admitted! 

does anyone know what happened with the rutgers admits? i saw two pop up, but it struck me as a bit early since the deadline was jan. 10th… did/can anyone claim them, and offer some insight perhaps?

I actually think finally being admitted into a school is making sitting through undergraduate classes more painful. That being said, I've spent the entire time I've been in this class refreshing the results page.

Congrats everyone! 

To those admitted to Madison, were you guys notified through an official email, or an informal message from your POI?

The emails are from faculty members, and say that official acceptances are already in the mail.