Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

1 hour ago, magnetite said:

"Something is definitely wrong in this country. Trump 2016."

Posted on a rejection from Princeton. The poster has a 4.0 GPA and 165/170/5.0 GRE scores.

Not sure if serious.

Dang shoulda posted this when it first came up, still recovering from an interview today so practically forgot this thread! But I chuckled :) 

speaking of, anyone see excerpts of his Sarah Palin endorsement? L. O. L. ?

Edited by gelologist

• Ignore me, sorry, I'm dying. Crushed by an avalanche of rejection notifications. . .Oh my God, just like that old, psychic woman said.

Ohio State Creative Writing MFA rejection

anyone remember the book/movie Holes?

1 hour ago, bioanth said:
  • Ignore me, sorry, I'm dying. Crushed by an avalanche of rejection notifications. . .Oh my God, just like that old, psychic woman said.

Ohio State Creative Writing MFA rejection

anyone remember the book/movie Holes?

Holes was my sister's favorite book when we were 12. She could recite the first chapter from memory, and when the movie came out, the soundtrack was basically all we listened to haha.

5 hours ago, rosali said:

Holes was my sister's favorite book when we were 12. She could recite the first chapter from memory, and when the movie came out, the soundtrack was basically all we listened to haha.

something about that rejection quote just reminded me oh Holes with the "old, psychic woman" i just jump straight to madame zeroni

2 minutes ago, piglet33 said:

@gelologist I saw that...uhhhh take it they won't be accepting the offer then!

Or they already did, but hated it?  I've seen a couple of people post after graduating, saying they did not like the program and wouldn't recommend it to others.

On 1/21/2016 at 11:14 AM, rosali said:

It was one of me and my brother's favorites as kids, too. During BBQs (and sometimes dinner, too) we would just eat whole onions. (on the grill, so not exactly raw....) 

2 hours ago, vonham said:

It was one of me and my brother's favorites as kids, too. During BBQs (and sometimes dinner, too) we would just eat whole onions. (on the grill, so not exactly raw....) 

I sometimes do that with onions still, but sautéed. Before Holes, though, I didn't even think I liked onions haha.

12 hours ago, TheMonkeyOnMyBack said:

Not a rejection but still worth at least an honorable mention.

• Intergalactic applicant for new program in CMC. Looking to study computers from a critical Hegelian perspective. Notified of interview via Snapchat.

I saw that and screenshot it! I love it! Snapchat notification and Hegelian perspective ftw :-P

This is old, but sorta funny:

Vanderbilt (Peabody) Teaching, Learning And Diversity, PhD (F12) Rejected via Postal Service on 13 Mar 2012 A 13 Mar 2012
  • report spam
  • I don't know why it took so long to hear from them. It was kind of unpleasant that they kept dragging me on only to hear that I was rejected. I used the rejection letter as toilet paper this morning. Just kidding. I actually used it to pick up my dog's poo. Haha.

Vanderbilt (Peabody) Education Leadership Policy And Organizations, PhD (F12) Rejected via Postal Service on 9 Feb 2012 A 10 Feb 2012
  • report spam
  • I'm going to frame my letter and show it to them when they hire me at some eventual date in the future. :)

Vanderbilt University Peabody College

Learning, Teaching, And Diversity, PhD (?) Rejected via E-mail on 20 Jan 2009 I 31 Jan 2009
Harvard Graduate School Of Education Education, Masters (F10) Rejected via E-mail on 9 Mar 2010 A 9 Mar 2010
  • report spam
  • Email to check site. The fucking letter on the site wasn't even finished. Like they couldn't wait to send me the rejection. Who sends out a letter of rejection and leaves it hanging in mid-sentence. Fucking assholes.
Harvard Graduate School Of Education Math Education, PhD (?) Rejected via E-mail on 27 Feb 2009 A 27 Feb 2009
  • report spam
  • cant even get into the ed school i guess harvard is not going to accept me for anything maybe summer school?
Harvard Graduate School Of Education Ed.D, Other (?) Rejected via E-mail on 27 Feb 2009 A 27 Feb 2009
  • I fart in your general direction!

This one is not a rejection or funny, but it made me smile:

Harvard Graduate School Of Education Private School Leadership, Masters (S14) Accepted via E-mail on 7 Mar 2014  A 8 Mar 2014
  • report spam
  • 3 Applications and 3 Acceptances-Rice, Columbia and then Harvard. I finished my undergrad at 27 years old from an open-admission university (which means from a tragic university in the middle of nowhere that doesn't even have an application and accepts everyone). Therefore, take heart and follow your dream. The only thing limiting you is how much you believe in yourself!

Not a rejection but I did burst out laughing! At least they're honest!

Harvard (Kennedy) Political Economy & Government (PEG), PhD (F15) Accepted via E-mail on 25 Jan 2016  A 25 Jan 2016
  • report spam
  • My Dad is an old fraternity brother of the Director of Admissions. Hooray for nepotism

The Imperial Academy TIE Fighter Pilot Program, Masters (F16) Rejected via Other on 28 Jan 2016  U 28 Jan 2016
  • report spam
  • My stellar academic record, conference presentations, and flight experience were apparently no match for the Academy's rigorous expectations.

I guess funding is tight after losing Starkiller Base.

Edited by DrZoidberg

Penn State (Pennsylvania State University) Astronomy & Astrophysics, PhD (F16) Rejected via E-mail on 28 Jan 2016 I 28 Jan 2016
  • report spam
  • First rejection after being waitlisted at other. It's showing a very high correlation with my love life.

So sad...