Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

"In the end, it doesn't even matter" (Virginia Tech, Engineering PhD)

".....this has been rough" (University of Marylad, Political Science, PhD)

"Seven years of college down the drain, might as well join the Peace Corps..." (Ohio State University, History PhD)

I feel for everyone-I'm still waiting to hear accepted/rejected....

Also-there must be a lot of internet traffic on the results page right now-mine is slowww to load. Anyone else experiencing this? A wave of anxiety ridden folks...

Someone  just wrote "I guess I am not going to be the next Carrie Bradshaw" when they got rejected to NYU ... love it!!! lol Sorry they didn't get in though =( 

Edited by Amh07e

I enjoyed this one:

"You are an exceptionally strong candidate but we cannot offer you funding at this time": they are right. I am such an exceptional candidate that I'm going to NYU. Sayonara beggars.

Rejection from a PhD program offered by a medical school (no undergraduate population)

"I only applied here because my professor did his undergrad here. I didn't want to go to this crappy place anyway"

Uhhh

... Hope you didn't write that in you personal statement lol no wonder you got rejected

This isn't a rejection, but I still thought it was funny. Someone got waitlisted to UW-Eau Claire's SLP grad program and wrote "Because you know I'm all about that wait, bout that wait, no admit."

Hahaa.. This cracked me up. :D

So I didn't post about this in the results page because I was not sure how to report it:

I got rejected from one of my top choices, and the rejection letter referred to rejection from the wrong program. I am not only unwanted in my program of choice, but apparently others as well. I was going to call them and ask what happened, but I feel that my life is already depressing and awkward enough as it stands. Womp. Womp. Womp.

Virginia Commonwealth MSW, Masters (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 1 May 2014 1 May 2014

Please, like I needed this. I already accepted another, much, MUCH better offer months ago. I don't need to go to this school. I don't even care that they rejected me I'm so much better than that anyway. They got back so late. May 1st? Really, like, they are so disorganized like omg. So glad I got a much better offer. They can reject me all they want I dont even care like I really dont.

so this person really doesn't care that they were rejected, lol

So I didn't post about this in the results page because I was not sure how to report it:

I got rejected from one of my top choices, and the rejection letter referred to rejection from the wrong program. I am not only unwanted in my program of choice, but apparently others as well. I was going to call them and ask what happened, but I feel that my life is already depressing and awkward enough as it stands. Womp. Womp. Womp.

The same thing happened to me. It appeared they've made a mistake in my rejection letter :/ So to cheer me up they sent out a corrected one next morning

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

SUNY Buffalo (mechanical engineering):

• I applied for PhD, but accepted into Maser's degree without financial aid. They are unbelievable bastard! I emphasized in my application that I only want to study PhD, NOT MS. Such a crappy school. Don't go there otherwise your urine will start to build up a stalagmite in this harshly cold place :))