Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

While I'm not one to enjoy the misery of others, sometimes people do such a good job of combining heartbreak, disdain, and criticism, they create an epic rejection result post. Here's my personal favorite, someone rejected from Stanford GSE:

Going to sob uncontrollably and gouge my eyes out while I try not to think of what I could have done instead with that $125 application fee.

That pretty much sums up how I'd feel too. When I'm obsessively checking the results page, I often see this post and it makes me chuckle. It passes the time, and at least their loss will not have been in vain. 

Edited by NoChance

I lolled about a rather different comment. Someone rejected from ETH Zurich for a master in computer science said:

I thought it was safe as it is outside US. Now too much tensed about other universities. I didn't apply to any safe university

Edited by Kleene

While I'm not one to enjoy the misery of others, sometimes people do such a good job of combining heartbreak, disdain, and criticism, they create an epic rejection result post. Here's my personal favorite, someone rejected from Stanford GSE:

That pretty much sums up how I'd feel too. When I'm obsessively checking the results page, I often see this post and it makes me chuckle. It passes the time, and at least their loss will not have been in vain. 

Me too!!! Somehow California schools have the most expensive application fees!!

This one is more sad than funny, especially since we all hate general rejections, but at least a general rejection email is better than this. I just hope the guy eventually gets some type of email or communication for closure.

"The application page says "Admission Denied". No mail. Is that it?" - Computer Science Masters, Purdue.

I read one the other day that simply read: "Wow!"

My favorites are more of a type and not any one in particular.  They fall under two categories:

"I have the highest GPA and GRE scores of anyone in the history of the World.  I published in every single research journal on the planet.  I won ten Nobel Prizes last year...I was so positive I was going to be accepted that I moved to [location of school] before I even submitted my application.  Graduate school admissions officers are a bunch of imbeciles who are too ignorant to exist".  A bit of an exaggeration, sure, but these types of "quotes" are there. 

And,

"No biggie.  I knew I was not going to get accepted".  

From a few years back, this one is kind of oddly satisfying. Given, maybe UCI isn't in the top 10, but it's rated as highly as some Ivy Leagues for the program this was associated with. Perhaps the poster's maturity level was a major reason for the rejection.  

• LOL. Irvine sucks. Worst UC in the system. Not sad at all. Got accepted from NYU Sackler and UCLA ACCESS. Waste of $80 app fee though.

That's just like, your opinion, man. 

+my stats, that is all of my rejection posts. Ever. XD

But I'm serious, I didn't expect to get in! I only applied to these longshot programs because my advisor said I might as well!

One of my favorites

• Thanks for rejecting me, a future Turing Award receiver and future zillionaire :)

two of my favorites are from eastern michigan university

• EMU sucks! The town is awful. The research is a joke.

and 

• Darn! This was my first choice school, said no one ever! Guess I'll just have to stick with a tier 1 acceptance! #upyourseastern!

I read one the other day that simply read: "Wow!"

My favorites are more of a type and not any one in particular.  They fall under two categories:

"I have the highest GPA and GRE scores of anyone in the history of the World.  I published in every single research journal on the planet.  I won ten Nobel Prizes last year...I was so positive I was going to be accepted that I moved to [location of school] before I even submitted my application.  Graduate school admissions officers are a bunch of imbeciles who are too ignorant to exist".  A bit of an exaggeration, sure, but these types of "quotes" are there. 

And,

Hah I love those where people say something like this after being rejected from a master's program:

"Perfect GREs/GPA, published everywhere, PhD in same subject from Ivy. Their loss."

I wonder at what point the adcoms look at you and say, "This person obviously has no idea what she/he is doing in life."

University Of California, Berkeley Physics, PhD (F14) - Rejected -

Told by email to check the website. Whatever, the place is full of Communists anyway

Lol

I used to work in Berkeley, that's not an insult. ;)