Favorite Rejection Quotes from the Results Page

NoChance

Yes! Timmies has infiltrated the south :)

don't think I have ever heard Michigan referred to as "the south" before. :P

Did I also mention that my family mostly drinks Molson and Labbat? Oh, also, our hockey team. your hockey team. We win. (unless you're from Montreal then.... oooooohhhhh... I'm forced to dislike you a little)

Edited by roguesenna

Did I also mention that my family mostly drinks Molson and Labbat? Oh, also, our hockey team. your hockey team. We win. (unless you're from Montreal then.... oooooohhhhh... I'm forced to dislike you a little)

That's because she's from Canada.  B)

I'm actually from Vancouver - I just moonlight as an Eastern Canadian :P And yes, we are all winter and we should get double-doubles and build our own quinzee to drink that beer in!

This department is pathetic. On 20th March they send me official admission offer and on 26th I got email from Jill Fryzowski stating the admission letter was sent out in error. Now on very next day they send me the rejection letter . This is bizarre. Anyway, I have much better offer; so I give damn shit on your face.

Um, what?

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I think this person just wanted some bourbon and chocolate, in the end!  Glad to hear they have two offers to make that chocolate taste even sweeter!! =)

Does Hallmark ghost write for you? 

This department is pathetic. On 20th March they send me official admission offer and on 26th I got email from Jill Fryzowski stating the admission letter was sent out in error. Now on very next day they send me the rejection letter . This is bizarre. Anyway, I have much better offer; so I give damn shit on your face.

Um, what?

I think it means the applicant was going to send the department poop from Hell.

UC Davis Statistics, Masters (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 4 Apr 2014 A 4 Apr 2014

• I received two rejection emails from this program, one of them stating that I had not been admitted for the 2013 year. I wonder if I discovered time travel?

Purdue University Electrical And Computer Engineering, PhD (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 3 Apr 2014 I 4 Apr 2014

• Purdue you f***ing a**holes. My POI told me he was impressed with my resume and now this sh*t. I f**ing can't believe it. You ruined my life Purdue. Go to hell.

hahahaha nerd rage

Edited by DigDeep

Pretty sure these two must be from the same person...apparently they want people to believe that because THEY didn't get in the program actually doesn't exist

Vanderbilt University Mechanical Engineering, PhD (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 5 Apr 2014 I 5 Apr 2014
  • I have been admitted in top 3 but not this one! I think they just produce their graduate students in their labs! no one has ever got admitted in this ridiculous program. DO NOT APPLY. They don't exist!

Vanderbilt University Mechanical Engineering, PhD (F14) Rejected via E-mail on 5 Apr 2014 I 5 Apr 2014
  • To the future applicants: this is a fake program, never apply for it. By doing so, you just burn your recommendations. To make it clear, getting accepted from top 10 universities is much more easier than this one.

I think this from today is one of my favourites I have seen:

"I can't believe this fu**ing shit. I am undergrad from IVY LEAGUE. I am not good enough for you? Stupid fu**ing school. I reject you."

While I feel bad for those who don't get into their program of choice, to say that you are ivy league instead of saying how great your stats are makes me feel a  little less bad. This person felt they should get in because of elitism rather than merit. Perhaps stats weren't good, perhaps intended area of study didn't fit, perhaps they did not have an advisor for the topic presented, there are many reasons why one is not accepted and saying you went to an ive league I am sorry to say doesn't weigh much unless you have amazing stats. :) good luck with your other choices

C'mon everyone, be nice. Rejection hurts, lets just try and be empathetic okay. Only nice things

Rejection does hurt, I agree, but we are all adults here and we know that rejection is part of life, I may be rejected from the program I applied for. That being said, it is not the fact there were rejected that is humourous, it is sad indeed, it is their response to the rejection. Instead of thinking perhaps there were better applicants or there wasn't a supervisior they rant and believe that since they went to an ivy league that should have guaranteed them a spot, this is what I find humourous, in a facetious way. I want people like that to understand that an ivy league doesn't make them a better applicant unless they have the stats to support their claim. No malice is intented.

Edited by Aski

I'm actually from Vancouver - I just moonlight as an Eastern Canadian :P And yes, we are all winter and we should get double-doubles and build our own quinzee to drink that beer in!

Oh, then our hockey team *definitely* wins. Actually, I kind of feel bad for you guys. I live in NYC right now and my BF is a Rangers fan and I'd just like to say we apologize for Tortorella. If you aren't a hoceky fan (are you sure you're Canadian?) then just ignore me. :P

Canada is totally south of Michigan, Detroit is the one place in the lower 48 where you can drive south into Canada.

Yep. I have been to Point Peely (sp?) it is full of biting black flies. No fun. But the rest of Ontario is very nice.

• 10 months later...

This one is debatably in bad taste ? but gets points for creativity.

Syracuse University Speech Pathology, Masters (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 4 Mar 2015 I 4 Mar 2015
Mr. and Mrs. Mind were mourning and worried for Private Application, who was reported to be missing in action during the Operation Admissions 2015 offensive for an entire 2.5 months. They have now learned he did not make it. A service will be made in Private Application's honor. IT HURTS SO BAD!

i like the dramatically sad ones the best

• I'm not crying - I'm just cutting onions for a lasagna ... for one!

Haha, I am pretty sure the FoC quote was me last year!

"In the end, it doesn't even matter" (Virginia Tech, Engineering PhD)

".....this has been rough" (University of Marylad, Political Science, PhD)

"Seven years of college down the drain, might as well join the Peace Corps..." (Ohio State University, History PhD)

I feel for everyone-I'm still waiting to hear accepted/rejected....

Also-there must be a lot of internet traffic on the results page right now-mine is slowww to load. Anyone else experiencing this? A wave of anxiety ridden folks...

"In the end, it doesn't even matter" (Virginia Tech, Engineering PhD)

".....this has been rough" (University of Marylad, Political Science, PhD)

"Seven years of college down the drain, might as well join the Peace Corps..." (Ohio State University, History PhD)

I feel for everyone-I'm still waiting to hear accepted/rejected....

Also-there must be a lot of internet traffic on the results page right now-mine is slowww to load. Anyone else experiencing this? A wave of anxiety ridden folks...

7 years of college? Holy cow