Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Thanks for the info. I thought the majority of the applicants did not hear from UMN, since only seven people revealed their statuses in the result page.

I think it's fair to say that over time the reliability of the results page decreases. I suspect the results closely track the actual outcomes on here at first then people become lazy and don't update it.

Officially rejected from UMN. I cannot undetstand why they have hold my decision for three days.

Then you're not thinking hard enough.  Oftentimes the department makes a decision but the graduate admissions office then must process that decision and send out letters. This can take a week even because they are processing other departments' information as well.  Additionally, there are reasons why a department or graduate office may not want to give you a response even though there is a 99% they have made their final decision, e.g. to create an unofficial wait list, they're just busy at the time, etc.

Then you're not thinking hard enough.  Oftentimes the department makes a decision but the graduate admissions office then must process that decision and send out letters. This can take a week even because they are processing other departments' information as well.  Additionally, there are reasons why a department or graduate office may not want to give you a response even though there is a 99% they have made their final decision, e.g. to create an unofficial wait list, they're just busy at the time, etc.

Stop trolling and piss off

I doubt H or Y will release today (I think Y will be next week and H the week after), so I guess that I have another restless and whisky filled weekend ahead of me. This process is turning me into an alcoholic.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Has anyone heard anything from Florida? It looked like acceptances should start coming in judging by past years, but it's so difficult to tell since it doesn't look like many people post their results. I thought I saw one or two people on here who applied there. Anyways, my portal has changed (I can't access it anymore, something about wanting a more "decentralized" process), and I was contacted at the beginning of the week asking for my official transcripts (even though the application said we only needed unofficial??). 

Edited by LittleMac

Has anyone heard anything from Florida? It looked like acceptances should start coming in judging by past years, but it's so difficult to tell since it doesn't look like many people post their results. I thought I saw one or two people on here who applied there. Anyways, my portal has changed (I can't access it anymore, something about wanting a more "decentralized" process), and I was contacted at the beginning of the week asking for my official transcripts (even though the application said we only needed unofficial??). 

U of Florida or Florida State?

Yeah, given that I had already received some offers, I informed Florida that I would be withdrawing my application when they solicited the official transcripts. Like you, I was under the impression that only unofficial transcripts were needed. And, rather than pay to rush transcripts to a school that I likely would not attend, I chose yo just withdraw my app from consideration.

Oh ok, so I'm not the only one. Thanks Bubandis. And I'm actually in the same position - I'm 99% sure I'm not going there (it's between MSU and FSU for me), but I already spent ~40 dollars on the application that I said "what the hey", especially because I only applied to those three schools.

And thanks notrealusername - LET'S GET THAT SEMINOLE SPIRIT UP IN HERE 

Not sure why such a substantial proportion of my schools have given decisions to other applicants and no news for me  (Duke, NYU, Notre Dame, UCLA).  Kind of odd.

Yeah I'm in the same boat at all these places too. Have people seen rejections from these places at all? I don't recall seeing anything. 

Of course it isn't. Networks and culture and brand discrimination and so on... And that's before you get to the most obvious social justice concerns. Edited by Sartori

You interested in working with Huber and Stephens? 

I applied and have not heard back from UNC but applied to work under Huber and Stephens, similar to probably everyone else.

This. Yet it's only a waitlist, and as the adcom member explained to me it depends a lot on which people end up accepting offers (Guess it's the same in every department).

RE: UF admission, I applied there last year and was admitted on Feb 24th, so you may still have about a week or so to wait, unfortunately. (Decided to turn my offers down in the end for reasons, or obviously I wouldn't be applying to schools again this year, :D)

Edited by BillyBillyBilly

fwiw, barring administrative hold-ups from the Graduate School (GSAS), Yale will be cleared to release decisions Tuesday. If anyone has questions about the program, feel free to PM me. As with most schools, there is a lot of misinformation on this forum and elsewhere about the training and department, especially since a lot of stuff has been overhauled in the past 3-5 years. I hardly ever visit this forum (and my mental health thanks me for it), but am happy to answer private messages. 

Good luck, and remember, hope dies last!