MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

2 minutes ago, grandguignol said:

so far 3 of the 4 schools I applied to haven't asked me to interview. honestly feeling pretty demoralized :(

It's possible that Rutgers sent out all of their emails today, but maybe they didn't. 

Last year, the Rutgers results were staggered.  Some got interviews and some were accepted without.  I want to say it was over a few weeks that people heard.  They sent rejections to people at the same time too.

And grandguignol, don't let it get you down.  Last year I applied to 5 schools and only got an interview at 1.  At the interview, it was very apparent that it was not the right school for me.  This year I researched schools a little more, cast a wider net and applied to 12 programs, and I've already got 1 acceptance and 5 interviews.  A year really can make all the difference.

17 minutes ago, bwd2109 said:

Last year, the Rutgers results were staggered.  Some got interviews and some were accepted without.  I want to say it was over a few weeks that people heard.  They sent rejections to people at the same time too.

And grandguignol, don't let it get you down.  Last year I applied to 5 schools and only got an interview at 1.  At the interview, it was very apparent that it was not the right school for me.  This year I researched schools a little more, cast a wider net and applied to 12 programs, and I've already got 1 acceptance and 5 interviews.  A year really can make all the difference.

I thought I remembered seeing that about Rutgers too. It's a weird process, I think...

6 minutes ago, bwd2109 said:

Thank you for this info! I was beginning to have an obsessive freak-out. All of this madness in addition to a weird missed call on Skype from Penn today (interview was yesterday so I know it was a mistake, but it's making me crazy)...oy vey...

@grandguignol I wouldn't fret just yet! We're still early in the process (even though it feels like forever already), and I am pretty sure silence is still better than an outright rejection because programs could still be doing some shuffling around as far as their crop of candidates goes. Sometimes I feel like gradcafe can make things more stressful because we're all banding together on here, trying to decode the top-secret workings of these selection committees from the outside.

It might be helpful to be remember that, acceptances/interviews or not, we're all kind of kicking ass just by not drinking ourselves into a coma/jumping off bridges  while we trudge through this insane rat race.

MassArt interview!! Now I have to send a portfolio.  Do you think I should print only the work that I submitted (which includes some installation based pieces) or print a new sequence of images? 

Edited by hypoart

20 minutes ago, hypoart said:

MassArt interview!! Now I have to send a portfolio.  Do you think I should print the only the work that I submitted (which includes some installation based pieces) or print a new sequence of images? 

CONGRATS!

I'm trying to decide that too for my Irvine interview. I think I'm going to bring the work I submitted only with maybe one or two new pieces.

8 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

CONGRATS!

I'm trying to decide that too for my Irvine interview. I think I'm going to bring the work I submitted only with maybe one or two new pieces.

Thank you!  Difficult decision to make.  Let me know what you decide and good luck with Irvine!

4 hours ago, Alment said:

did anyone with work focused in painting hear from calarts or rutgers? 

Applied to both for painting and haven't heard from either yet.

edit: scratch that just got Rutgers email when I was writing this

Edited by KBS1

16 hours ago, Jats said:

Curious—has anyone heard from BARD for painting or SVA art practice?

Congratulations and good luck to everyone.

I'm waiting on SVA too. Also Hunter and Columbia- anyone know when they sent them out last year?

16 hours ago, untitledforhim said:

anyone else also got an email from rutgers for interview day?

16 hours ago, BlCEO said:

i have views from Los Angeles, but nothing from UCLA.  I applied to interdisciplinary so not sure when theyre even starting to review or if they already did it.

I applied to Interdisciplinary studio at UCLA also, and haven't herd back yet. Got some hits from Los Angeles, not sure if it's from UCLA....

39 minutes ago, AKW94 said:

I applied to Interdisciplinary studio at UCLA also, and haven't herd back yet. Got some hits from Los Angeles, not sure if it's from UCLA....

I've gotten a ton of hits from LA too but that could be from a number of things.

I also applied to interdisciplinary studio and have heard nothing from UCLA.

9 hours ago, KBS1 said:

Applied to both for painting and haven't heard from either yet.

edit: scratch that just got Rutgers email when I was writing this

Congrats!!!!!! That's awesome!  Was it an acceptance or an interview? 

53 minutes ago, AKW94 said:

hopefully we'll know something soon!

9 minutes ago, 2222222 said:

Bard Interview emails are out!  Anyone make it?

I didn't get an email... how do you know? Did you get one?

Edited by Alment

8 minutes ago, Alment said:

I didn't get an email... how do you know? Did you get one?

No, but someone posted their result to the survey.  Hopefully they are rolling out department by department like most other schools seem to do.

11 minutes ago, 2222222 said:

No, but someone posted their result to the survey.  Hopefully they are rolling out department by department like most other schools seem to do.

oh wow I didn't even see that!  Yeah I hope so. Thanks for the update!

On 2/7/2016 at 2:40 PM, gtakaoka said:

So I'm still sitting here on a mental merry-go-round about the Penn interview and wanted to ask fellow interview preparers: what are y'all doing to get ready? Maybe this should be posted to a different thread, but we're all reading this one regularly so why not. My current plans involve going over that handy interview question sheet that has floated around for a year or two on this forum, re-reading my statement of purpose/artist statement/etc that I sent to that school (since each school wanted slightly different information), and preparing some questions for the interviewers in case they ask (they always seem to). Also...praying to every deity that I can think of and asking them to help me not sound dumb.

P.S. congrats on everyone who's getting good news!

Could you link to that interview question sheet perhaps? I tried searching for it but it seems to be buried. Good luck on your interview!!

9 minutes ago, Alment said:

Cranbrook invite, i'm going to do the phone interview... this is getting expensive !

Congrats dude! You're killing it! If and when you get your work online, post it here -- I'm sure a lot of people besides me would love to take a look.