WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

5 minutes ago, nevermind said:

ha! I get SPAM emails saying, "It's not too late to go to graduate school!" Me: "Duh, but it's not up to me to decide now."

This is by far the most interesting thing I have heard in my entire life.

update on my penn state eff up: told my graduate coordinator about the mix up. she asked for my transcript. 

Maybe it wasn't such a big deal since she didn't even mention it in her email to me. wtf?

i guess i'll see where funding goes. worse case scenario, i withdraw my app. best case scenario: i go there!

Edited by rhombusbombus

12 minutes ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

No, for fake emails, I win on this front. One of my professors emailed me to ask if I could cover for a TA in one of his classes. Just to mess with me, the subject line of the email was "Admission to Cornell University". 

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I... don't have words for that. It's nice that he jokes around with you, but man.

When you TA for him, you should send an email "Student test scores" and have an excel file or whatever that just has the first 100 boxes filled with the word Cornell. :P Or maybe not. But argh, that's infuriating!

24 minutes ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

No, for fake emails, I win on this front. One of my professors emailed me to ask if I could cover for a TA in one of his classes. Just to mess with me, the subject line of the email was "Admission to Cornell University". 

That's pretty amazing. I would laugh so hard I cried. And then cry for real. :-)

Cornell is a great place to be (except when there is snow...). I miss Gimme! Coffee something fierce. 

16 minutes ago, Foreveronward said:

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I... don't have words for that. It's nice that he jokes around with you, but man.

When you TA for him, you should send an email "Student test scores" and have an excel file or whatever that just has the first 100 boxes filled with the word Cornell. :P Or maybe not. But argh, that's infuriating!

Instead, I responded to his e-mail with the following:

________________$$$$
______________$$____$$
______________$$____$$
______________$$____$$
______________$$____$$
______________$$____$$
__________$$$$$$____$$$$$$
________$$____$$____$$____$$$$
________$$____$$____$$____$$__$$
$$$$$$__$$____$$____$$____$$____$$
$$____$$$$________________$$____$$
$$______$$______________________$$
__$$____$$______________________$$
___$$$__$$______________________$$
____$$__________________________$$
_____$$$________________________$$
______$$______________________$$$
_______$$$____________________$$
________$$____________________$$
_________$$$________________$$$
__________$$________________$$
__________$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I was out for happy hour with coworkers (in part to stop thinking about the interviews from this week, which, still no word on those), but, while there I got my second acceptance! Yay, Vanderbilt!

Edit: and the captcha thing for when I was submitting my results to the board was..... "Yale." (is this a sign? [it was literally a road sign, too] or does this happen all the time? [the last one i did was just a string of numbers]. ?? :P)

Edited by haltheincandescent

1 minute ago, Schwarzwald said:

IDK what's happening in this thread right now, I just need a place to whine and wait.

That's ok! *sits with you and offers you a beverage or treat of your choice* I'm having some gushers fruit snacks because I'm an adult. 

24 minutes ago, RCtheSS said:

I'm celebrating my acceptance into UChicago with a Chicago-brewed beer: Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout. Absolutely delicious.

Congrats!!!

---

Also, someone at work today told me that I look like a grad student (like in a good way: "Classy but casual") Whoo! It's totally official now.

Thanks everyone! It feels to great knowing that I got into one program. I'm officially attending a graduate school program this fall!

But the wining, waiting and whining continues for the rest... and that's where delicious alcohol comes in to save the day.

2 hours ago, Pink Fuzzy Bunny said:

Lol. That sounds like an awesome faculty member. :)