Anybody know where those Yale rejections are at? They're the last ones I have to hear from, and I'm eager to have all my results back. An unexpected and miraculous waitlist from them is the only thing that could complicate my decision at this point.

6 minutes ago, bkrice91 said:

Any new news or rumors about UNC Chapel Hill? 

Either on this thread or elsewhere, someone said that they spoke to someone at Chapel Hill and were told we would hear back "hopefully by the end of the week," or Monday "at the latest." Last year, they notified at 6am on a Saturday. 

I am not-so-patiently waiting to hear if I was accepted. I'd even take a waitlist at this point. 

4 minutes ago, anxiousgrad said:

Either on this thread or elsewhere, someone said that they spoke to someone at Chapel Hill and were told we would hear back "hopefully by the end of the week," or Monday "at the latest." Last year, they notified at 6am on a Saturday. 

I am not-so-patiently waiting to hear if I was accepted. I'd even take a waitlist at this point. 

I guess we may have to brave another day, or more. 

Edited by bkrice91

2 hours ago, erosanddust said:

Anybody know where those Yale rejections are at? They're the last ones I have to hear from, and I'm eager to have all my results back. An unexpected and miraculous waitlist from them is the only thing that could complicate my decision at this point.

Same here (although I'm also waiting on UBC at this point). Are you leaning more towards UofT? I know I am!

6 hours ago, songbird said:

Is anyone planning to decline New Hampshire or Oregon? I know they've already sent out letters, but I haven't heard from either school (for better or for worse), so I assume I'm in limbo.

I know UNH is sending out at least some MA acceptances today, so if you don't already have your MA you may be hearing from them shortly.

Just got an acceptance to the U of Tennessee MA program. The email said 'Caitlyn,' although my name is Cailin. I figured it was a small mistake and posted my results. Only then did I see that the letter is addressed to Caitlin S____. Again, my name is Cailin R______. Most uncomfortable email I've ever had to reply to. 

Edited by mouthfulofstars

4 minutes ago, mouthfulofstars said:

Just got an acceptance to the U of Tennessee MA program. The email said 'Caitlyn,' although my name is Cailin. I figured it was a small mistake and posted my results. Only then did I see that the letter is addressed to Caitlin S____. Again, my name is Cailin R______. Most uncomfortable email I've ever had to reply to. 

They just emailed me back and responded with the correct letter, so that's good. I was seriously worried I was mistakenly accepted.

Got accepted into NYU`s MA Near Eastern Studies. Tuition waiver for the first year. This was the only MA program I applied too, and also the only program outside my major field of study (English Lit.).

I wanted you folks opinion on how to negotiate funding offers. I can`t join unless I receive a stipend and a tuition waiver for the whole length of the program. . Suggestions will be appreciated.

17 minutes ago, MadihaG said:

Got accepted into NYU`s MA Near Eastern Studies. Tuition waiver for the first year. This was the only MA program I applied too, and also the only program outside my major field of study (English Lit.).

I wanted you folks opinion on how to negotiate funding offers. I can`t join unless I receive a stipend and a tuition waiver for the whole length of the program. . Suggestions will be appreciated.

1. Express your gratitude for the offer. Don't be overly effusive.

2. Ask questions about cost of living and additional expenses, such as graduate education fees, and whether there is subsidy available for traveling to conferences/additional financing for thesis/dissertation research...

3. ...because you would very much like to work with the faculty in that program and continue your studies there, but you need more information to make a decision between offers according to your financial situation.

That's what I'd say, anyway.

On 01/03/2017 at 9:46 AM, manals said:

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to say hello. I'm sorry I'm posting this now, but I wanted to let you guys - especially @BLK1222 and @ShakesRos - know that I did receive an acceptance from Tufts' English Lit PhD program on 2/15/2016 and a rejection from Northeastern's PhD on 2/21/2016. I'm ecstatic because Tufts was one of my top 3 schools - my main fields are Postcolonial Theory & Lit and Global Anglophone Literatures - and they were the first to reach out and put me out of my waiting misery. I am still waiting on the PhD programs from Brandeis, Boston University, and Boston College, so I'll let you know when I hear something. I'm sorry that I don't know what the best thing to do is, but maybe email Tufts to ask since they have made decisions. I hope you all get good news - Good Luck!

Hi! I was just waitlisted for Tufts! Have you heard from Brandeis?

*sees post about an email to check the Yale website for a rejection letter, hurries to own portal, sees nothing, immediately tries not to lose lunch*

What's up with Michigan taking so long to send out all rejections? I've accepted my implied rejection, but there's 0.000001% of me like "what if it's ACTUALLY a wait-list???"

Does anyone want to claim the recent U Washington acceptances? Some are for PhD and I think one was MA with funding. That and Oregon are the only schools I'm still waiting to hear back from! 

Sorry to everyone else still in limbo and congratulations to the recent acceptances!! 

54 minutes ago, natalielouise said:

Does anyone want to claim the recent U Washington acceptances? Some are for PhD and I think one was MA with funding. That and Oregon are the only schools I'm still waiting to hear back from! 

Sorry to everyone else still in limbo and congratulations to the recent acceptances!! 

I was accepted  into the MFA program at the university of Washington in Seattle. However I am still waiting to hear about funding. I am also assuming that different departments will send out letters at different times?

Edited by Causofit

11 hours ago, la_mod said:

What's up with Michigan taking so long to send out all rejections? I've accepted my implied rejection, but there's 0.000001% of me like "what if it's ACTUALLY a wait-list???"

I just got my rejection from Michigan yesterday via email--I know they sent out a bunch of waitlist offers like two weeks ago, so unfortunately you'll probably be hearing the bad news soon, too. 

Is anyone here the person who posted in the results about UCSC creative/critical concentration decisions? I don't want to clog up that page with chatting for obvious reasons, but I applied to that concentration and haven't seen any decisions around -- message me if it was you and you'd like to talk! :D

I was accepted to the University of Florida today!!! I got the call while on the way to the airport and had to pull over/let my fiancé drive. I may cry on the plane...

Also may have audibly squealed while talking with the DGS. (Super professional, I know.) Once I have more info, I'll be sure to share! 

Ahhhh so happy!!!

18 minutes ago, biyutefulphlower said:

I was accepted to the University of Florida today!!! I got the call while on the way to the airport and had to pull over/let my fiancé drive. I may cry on the plane...

Also may have audibly squealed while talking with the DGS. (Super professional, I know.) Once I have more info, I'll be sure to share! 

Ahhhh so happy!!!

Oh! I am SO SO happy for you!! I know how worried you were about being shutout, so getting an acceptance at this late stage is absolutely huge for you!

I received some very disappointing news earlier today, and was feeling rather miserable, but hearing this makes me feel a lot better. Many congratulations to you -- very much deserved!!

On 3/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, biyutefulphlower said:

Ahhhh so happy!!!

coolest-boom-gif.gif

Way to go!!!!!

Anyone got the skinny on that UNC acceptance? Nothing like a Sunday post-midnight email to say "we want you," eh? :P

1 hour ago, Wyatt's Terps said:

Anyone got the skinny on that UNC acceptance? Nothing like a Sunday post-midnight email to say "we want you," eh? :P

I'm not sure I believe it's authentic. 

On 3/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, orphic_mel528 said:

Pete, what kind of plants are we talking here? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I am from California.... So..... :)

I am totally joking! I stated that I was in the wrong thread, but since you asked I will tell you! I am primarily interested in and my research focused on crop plants, namely legumes. I work on the legume-rhizobia symbiosis and how understanding the symbiosis can have positive impacts on sustainable agriculture in many impoverished and non-industrialized countries (many in Africa).

Again, thank you all for cutting me some slack :)