2017 Acceptances

On 1/26/2017 at 12:25 PM, ChloeCriss said:

Are there sites where people who go to those schools can chat and search for roommates? 

Are there sites for those schools where students chat and find roommates? 

I think most colleges have campus listings of people who are looking for roommates. Craigslist is also a popular roommate service. Oftentimes, people use more than one listing service to find potential roommates. The less restrictions you have, the easier it will be for you to find a suitable apartment.

On 1/23/2017 at 7:06 PM, anxiousgrad said:

Yes, I also applied for the PhD and I'm still "pending." I think we'll probably hear something by Wednesday! 

Good luck, I hope we both get in! 

I applied for my Masters! Good luck to you too! :)

Guys, I've just been accepted to BC :blink:

I'm completely in shock, I knew they only accept  like 4-5 people so I applied assuming I'd be considered for the MA!

Email said I'm accepted to the PhD in English 'with a concentration in Irish studies', which I didn't know existed at the PhD level, but after looking at their website it looks likes its more to do with the fellowship than the program.

4 minutes ago, Caien said:

I'm completely in shock, I knew they only accept  like 4-5 people so I applied assuming I'd be considered for the MA!

Email said I'm accepted to the PhD in English 'with a concentration in Irish studies', which I didn't know existed at the PhD level, but after looking at their website it looks likes its more to do with the fellowship than the program.

Picard Clapping (Star Trek: TNG)

What fantastic news, @Caien! Major congratulations! And as cliche as it sounds, Boston might just be the perfect city for you given your nationality and the scope of your studies...and Boston College is such a fantastic program -- I'm truly thrilled for you!!

12 minutes ago, Caien said:

Many congrats!!!

14 minutes ago, Caien said:

yayayay!!! Congrats!!!!

If you need any Boston advice or info let me know!!

26 minutes ago, Caien said:

Congrats! Boston College is a great school for irish lit. :)

Thanks everyone! And cliche or no @Wyatt's Terps, a big reason I wanted to apply to Boston programs was that my uncle and his family live there (as it happens, my little cousin is attending BC High on an academic scholarship!), and as you say, the city in general has good resources in Irish studies and they have the Boston consortium.

Argh, still in shock. The email said to get in touch with questions and I'm like SO MANY QUESTIONS BRAIN CANNOT COMPUTE.

44 minutes ago, Caien said:

AHHH this is amazing! Congratulations, @Caien! And that fellowship...so exciting!

20 minutes ago, Caien said:

The email said to get in touch with questions and I'm like SO MANY QUESTIONS BRAIN CANNOT COMPUTE.

Congrats on your acceptance!! I'm currently an MA student there so while I know less about the logistical particulars of the PhD program, I'd also be happy to answer any questions you have about the Department, etc. :)

Congrats @Caien! That's awesome. One of my old friends went there for English undergrad and had a fabulous time! Good for you! 

Slightly related: anyone want to claim the Penn State or Purdue acceptance? I thought it was too early to hear from them, and now I'm resuming mild-applicant-panic:unsure: I need to stop checking here and actually finish my thesis...haha this is much more stress-inducing than my usual methods of procrastination. 

2 hours ago, Caien said:

Congratulations!! That's so exciting!! And congrats on the fellowship, too!

5 minutes ago, Ashley828 said:

Congrats @Caien! That's awesome. One of my old friends went there for English undergrad and had a fabulous time! Good for you! 

Slightly related: anyone want to claim the Penn State or Purdue acceptance? I thought it was too early to hear from them, and now I'm resuming mild-applicant-panic:unsure: I need to stop checking here and actually finish my thesis...haha this is much more stress-inducing than my usual methods of procrastination. 

The Purdue acceptance looks like it's from someone currently completing a degree there. When I was at Purdue, in-house applicants often heard about acceptances before the rest of the pool. It's possible that the department hasn't notified anyone else yet!

53 minutes ago, Ashley828 said:

Hey! I'm new here, but saw that you were in mild-applicant-panic and wanted to assuage it as much as possible. The Purdue acceptance is mine, and I am currently in the MA program here at Purdue. We definitely heard from the department first so don't panic just yet. In-house applicants are handled first from what I can tell.

I am curious about the SLU acceptance, though, if anyone has any information about how they were notified of their acceptance!

Edited by eatthatbee

On 23/1/2017 at 3:17 PM, Wyatt's Terps said:

Thank you all so much! I was seriously paralyzed for a moment after reading the result, and I posted here before contacting any friends and family...because y'all have been such an incredible support system for the past 2.5 years (and the last few months in particular!). I'll stop hogging this thread now, I promise. I'm just so elated! Good luck to everyone still waiting, and always remember to check application portals, even when you don't have acceptance emails...

I've been enjoying your posts since you started here. So glad to hear the good news! Hopefully the first of many!