2010 MFA Visual Arts admission replies and results

sunjingfang1

sophiab, how did you hear about your CCA scholarship? how was the studio space?

I went to the financial aid office and asked, but they told me that the packet was already mailed out. We should be getting them any day now. I thought the studios were really nice! They all seemed to have lots of light, and the seemed big to me (but I haven't seen a lot of schools yet). They don't have doors but rather curtains, which someone mentioned. I didn't get a chance to get any good photos today. The tour group I was with was huge. I will try to get some good pictures on the grad open studios day on the 4th.

I got a good feeling from everything I saw today, and I really liked the school overall.

Congratulations to everyone who's got good news from MICA. I'm also accepted to MFA GD with half ride. RISD also offers assistantship and fellowship!

I'm the happiest man todaybiggrin.gif

BTW, snail mails seem to take forever to arrive .....

Congratulations!

got into Slade! can't believe it!

Congrats and also to other Slade accepted - it's a great school IMO.

Used to study Computer Science right next to the Slade and had a lot of mates there a few years back.

I was to late for the deadline to apply this year - pretty bummed about it especially since I also have an EU passport == no crazy fees.

But to the question of International students "paying for the locals" - it's not that simple. It's just that the EU governments cover the rest of the fee. So the school isn't making as much money off internationals as it seems.

@bandini: thanks! it's a bummer you missed the deadline!

as for 'paying for the locals', i don't think that at all! i paid practically nothing for my undergrad education since i happened to live in the same state while international students were paying crazy amounts. of course it would be nice to pay less...

is there any way i could borrow your EU passport? :lol:

@bandini: thanks! it's a bummer you missed the deadline!

as for 'paying for the locals', i don't think that at all! i paid practically nothing for my undergrad education since i happened to live in the same state while international students were paying crazy amounts. of course it would be nice to pay less...

is there any way i could borrow your EU passport? :lol:

I was referring to pages back when someone was complaining about International Fees at RCA.

But yeah if I'm lucky enough to get into my last chance in the states - I still have no idea how I'm going to pay for it.

Hey everyone! Congrats to y'all!

Just like everyone else here, I'm still waiting to hear from a few remaining schools:

CalArts: Photo & Media

Columbia: Visual Arts

while so far in the pocket I've got:

SFAI: New Genre (accepted)

Rutgers: Visual Arts (accepted)

NYU: ITP (accepted)

Bard: Photo & Media (waitlisted)

Looks like there are few upcoming ITP-ers here, anyone for Rutgers and SFAI?

cheers

a lot of People have been mentioning NYU, are you referring to Steinhardt? or something else. I haven't heard from them yet.

my list:

Accepted:

Calarts (fine arts)

CCA (studio art, new Genres)

SFAI (new Genres)

Otis (Public Practice)

Rejected:

Hunter

UCLA

YALE

No word:

SVA

NYU Steinhardt

UCI (interviewed)

Columbia

@Rolando- Congrats on MICA! Hopefully I'll hear from them today, they are my top choice too! How/when did you hear from them?

Thanks Commandzhee! I heard from them yesterday through the mail. They sent a packet through USPS Priority Mail, so it shouldn't be much longer for your notice to arrive. :) Hope to see you there!

Edited by Rolando

Congratulations to everyone who's got good news from MICA. I'm also accepted to MFA GD with half ride. RISD also offers assistantship and fellowship!

I'm the happiest man todaybiggrin.gif

Congratulations Jestem!!! Wow, you've got quite the decision to make!! Keep us posted on where you'll be heading to! :)

This is my first post and I was noticing that it seems like everyone is on the edge of their seat waiting to hear from RISD.

I'm going for an MFA Painting program.

Here's what I've got so far:

University of Kansas: rejected by email several weeks ago

University of Washington: rejected by snail mail last week

School of Visual Arts: accepted 3-22-10 via priority snail mail packet

still waiting on:

UC-Davis

RISD

Edited by crashingnancie

I know I'm joining in a bit late in the game, but rest assured I've been lurking for a month ;) I applied to MFA photo with an open mind for post-bac offers. Here's my list!

Accepted:

SFAI post-bac

Rejected:

SVA

Still waiting:

ICP-Bard

MassArt (interview for post-bac pending)

Congratulations everyone on your acceptances. Has anyone heard from ICP?? Post-bacs are cool and everything, but....;)

This is my first post and I was noticing that it seems like everyone is on the edge of their seat waiting to hear from RISD.

I'm going for an MFA Painting program.

Here's what I've got so far:

University of Kansas: rejected by email several weeks ago

University of Washington: rejected by snail mail last week

School of Visual Arts: accepted 3-22-10 via priority snail mail packet

still waiting on:

UC-Davis

RISD

Did you check the Davis website? I got rejected this morning. I still haven't heard from University of Washington, I'm going crazy..

@littlemels: Me too! All I've gotten is a post-bac offer from the SMFA, also for photo. Does any one have any thoughts on these? How do people come up with the $30k if they don't have a rich family?

It's looking like I'll be active on here next year. Is it too early to start a 2011 thread?

@littlemels: Me too! All I've gotten is a post-bac offer from the SMFA, also for photo. Does any one have any thoughts on these? How do people come up with the $30k if they don't have a rich family?

It's looking like I'll be active on here next year. Is it too early to start a 2011 thread?

I'm doing right now the post-bac at the SMFA with a focus in photo. Don't get scared about the price, they're pretty generous if you ask them to help you financially.

I'm doing right now the post-bac at the SMFA with a focus in photo. Don't get scared about the price, they're pretty generous if you ask them to help you financially.

That's good to hear. I haven't contacted them since I got the letter late last week, and I still have two shcools to hear from. Do you know how many people go on to their MFA program from the post-Bac? I really like their program, I'm just worried about adding more the the already outrageous cost of an MFA.

Hi all, been a long time lurker, and didn't feel like I had anything to add.

It seems like most places are slowly resolving their decisions.

So far I've been rejected by

ucirvine

ucsd

USC

I haven't heard yet from ucla or csulb

some of you reported rejections from those schools, and I'm hoping no news is still good news. Does anyone have any insight into how or when either school will be send notification?I'm seriously dying here and wondering if a phone call to either department is kosher or poor form.

Edited by Dalla

That's good to hear. I haven't contacted them since I got the letter late last week, and I still have two shcools to hear from. Do you know how many people go on to their MFA program from the post-Bac? I really like their program, I'm just worried about adding more the the already outrageous cost of an MFA.

We were five from the post-bac to apply for the MFA and just me an another girl (maybe, I'm pretty sure but have no confirmation) entered. I can tell you that if you ask them to help you they could reduce the rent in a significant way. Many people come to this school because of the good financial offer that they received.