2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

2 hours ago, Nelz said:

Has anyone heard from NYU again?

I emailed them earlier this week and they said they are still processing applications. For those who are like us (no word, no waitlist), someone from this post said that it sounds like a rejection from PhD, admit to MA kind of deal. 

Edited by dr.strange

5 minutes ago, dr.strange said:

I emailed them earlier this week and they said they are still processing applications. For those who are like us (no word, no waitlist), someone from this post said that it sounds like a rejection from PhD, admit to MA kind of deal. 

admit to MA or rejection for good? : (

5 hours ago, angela969 said:

Thanks for the info! I'm also confused about the difference between the priority deadline and final deadline for M.A. Programs. Like, how big of a difference does it make in terms of my chance of getting in? Does anyone know?? 

It bounces from school to school and depends on the competitiveness. But, from my experience, it is always the sooner the better. Priority deadline means you get first shot at being admitted and offered funding/scholarship/fellowship/etc. packages. Final deadline is just the last date you can apply and be considered for admission. After priority deadline, it seems to be mainly filling slots for the program and offering funding... If funding is still available.

Just got an email from American University which stated that offers were made last week but I'm still under consideration if people turn it down. Also I'll be given priority for merit awards if I concurrently put my application forward for considering into a Master's program.

Edited by rossonera_cml

19 minutes ago, rossonera_cml said:

Just got an email from American University which stated that offers were made last week but I'm still under consideration if people turn it down. Also I'll be given priority for merit awards if I concurrently put my application forward for considering into a Master's program.

Do you mind sharing which school of American U you applied to? SIS or SPA?

On 2/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, sbs2018 said:

Starting to think decisions for Notre Dame and Georgetown are coming in March. Given the delay, and some comments above, it looks that way. (I hope not, but I am not holding my breath...back to my MA paper)

I just got a phone call from Georgetown! My POI said official email acceptances are coming early next week, so you should hear soon. 

Long time lurker turned registered user here! Hi you all!

Seems like today has been quiet so I thought I'd ask a couple of questions:

Is there anyone who can claim the Harvard Polsci admits and the Georgetown one?

Does anyone by any chance know how many people actually went to GWU's event? I think someone mentioned 40 in total were invited but I doubt everybody went.

4 minutes ago, googlescholar said:

Long time lurker turned registered user here! Hi you all!

Seems like today has been quiet so I thought I'd ask a couple of questions:

Does anyone by any chance know how many people actually went to GWU's event? I think someone mentioned 40 in total were invited but I doubt everybody went.

I am claiming the Georgetown admit! About 20 people went to GWU's event.

6 minutes ago, googlescholar said:

Re: Harvard, it seems again odd that some admits are reported, yet they're staggered (sort of) and have different notification methods, and no one has claimed them. Very similar to the suspected Columbia trolling that occurred before decisions finally went out yesterday...

4 minutes ago, googlescholar said:

Congratulations! Georgetown and GWU, impressive!

Do you by any chance know the target cohort size of GWU?

Thanks! I think they said 12-15 was the target cohort size, but I might be misremembering

16 minutes ago, googlescholar said:

Congratulations! Georgetown and GWU, impressive!

Do you by any chance know the target cohort size of GWU?

I also remember 12-15 as their target size. 

Claiming a GWU admit now. Likely declining because of transitions within the department. Great faculty, tho! 

29 minutes ago, cb2017 said:

I am claiming the Georgetown admit! About 20 people went to GWU's event.

Congrats on the Georgetown admit! Regarding the GWU event, I'd probably put it closer to 25 or so. All 3 tables were filled up and had what, 8-9 seats each?

Edited by Hamb