2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

21 hours ago, CP_Religion said:

Hi,

When did you get your offer from Binghamton? Did they interview you? Are you going to visit the school? Did they tell anything regarding application?

I did my interview and am waiting for an answer. Binghamton is a great fit for me and I am hopeful about decision. 

It seems as a friend wrote in this forum, they will continue to send acceptance/rejection after visit day.

Good luck.

Hi, 

I was interviewed two weeks after the application deadline. A week later, I was informed that I am offered admission. I will attend the prospective student event. I think they hold the prospective student event at an early date because they want to give more time to the student who will be offered admission if the students in the first cycle reject their offers.

Hope you will make it!

5 minutes ago, The Orient said:

Hi, 

I was interviewed two weeks after the application deadline. A week later, I was informed that I am offered admission. I will attend the prospective student event. I think they hold the prospective student event at an early date because they want to give more time to the student who will be offered admission if the students in the first cycle reject their offers.

Hope you will make it!

Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, The Orient said:

Hi, 

Hope you will make it!

Are you a domestic applicant? I am also admitted but did not receive any info regarding the prospective student event. It might have something to do with me being an international applicant. Maybe they do not have the budget to reimburse overseas tickets. Is your expenses covered by the university?

Congrats to all the Columbia acceptances! Nice to know the previous posts were trolls after all. Any non-comparative Columbia acceptances out there? I'm assuming rejection at this point but maybe it's subfield related?

edit: Rejection in portal. Oh well, congratulations to those accepted!

Edited by Hamb

Also claiming a rejection from UPenn.  Now that it's over, I can reflect on my interview with the grad director. it was very confusing -- he was not a POI and he didn't seem to be interested or informed of my academic history. Very frustrating. Why bother scheduling an interview if you're not going to take interest in the applicant? 

I could go on about my displeasure, but it will only seem like sour grapes at this point. Their loss! Not being a prick, but I find that's the best way to handle rejection in this business. 

Cheers to all. This process never gets any easier. 

1 hour ago, Hamb said:

Congrats to all the Columbia acceptances! Nice to know the previous posts were trolls after all. Any non-comparative Columbia acceptances out there? I'm assuming rejection at this point but maybe it's subfield related?

edit: Rejection in portal. Oh well, congratulations to those accepted!

hmm neither acceptance nor rejection in portal... looks like I'm gonna F5 every 30 seconds until that one gets resolved. 

Edit: If anyone else is in this particular liminal space, hit me up!  

Edited by Sartori

1 hour ago, The Orient said:

Hi, 

Hope you will make it!

My friend also told me about the new policy in the department about early acceptances. Well, I hope you, early accepted, have much better offers. If so, please help us to get in. Thank you :)