2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

1 hour ago, Dreamer109 said:

Any specifics? Because some went out a while ago.

UBC announced. McGill hasn't, but they do it later, sometime by mid-March I believe. Toronto seems to have announced but I haven't heard a word yet. Are we sure Toronto sent out all its admits?

Also which ones are you waiting for?

9 hours ago, CandyCanes said:

Wow. What was your undergrad GPA and institution rank range?

I majored in economics in a top-tier Chinese university with a 3.5+ GPA and several published papers (in Chinese) during undergrad. I think the weakest part of my profile is that I went to a professional IR Master's program (it is a really quant program though), and therefore the research I did were more policy-oriented. 

1 hour ago, PoliSci-freak said:

UBC announced. McGill hasn't, but they do it later, sometime by mid-March I believe. Toronto seems to have announced but I haven't heard a word yet. Are we sure Toronto sent out all its admits?

Oh I was curious about which ones you were curious about. I didn't get a chance to apply to any places out of the USA. I wanted to apply to Ottawa and LSE. But both of those plans fell through.

I have received rejections from Stanford GSB and Northwestern today. For now, 1a/1w/5r/2p.

Since Rochester is one of my dream programs so I might not wait for those pendings. 

Thanks everyone here for the company during the application process. Good luck to those people still waiting to hear and congrats to all who are in! Don't lose hope. Everything will pay off and we all deserve the best!!!

6 hours ago, PoliSci-freak said:

I applied for McGill, York and Concordia. Haven't heard anything yet

14 hours ago, CP_Religion said:

Hi,

When did you get your offer from Binghamton? Did they interview you? Are you going to visit the school? Did they tell anything regarding application?

I did my interview and am waiting for an answer. Binghamton is a great fit for me and I am hopeful about decision. 

It seems as a friend wrote in this forum, they will continue to send acceptance/rejection after visit day.

Good luck.

I got accepted by Binghamton and I know some other people who got accepted as well. It has been about 2-3 weeks since the acceptance and perhaps a month since the interview. 

19 hours ago, deutsch1997bw said:

I noticed on the results page that someone was waitlisted yesterday for IR at UNC-Chapel Hill. What does it mean -- if anything -- if someone was waitlisted before someone else by two weeks, for example? 

I'm curious if this says anything about one's position on the waitlist.

I'm not the one you were talking about, but I got waitlisted as well. I was told the waitlist isn't ranked numerically. Rather, as people reject their offers, the department will choose from the pool of waitlist candidates in a way that offers balance and ensure diversity in subfield and research interests.

4 hours ago, ElySiae said:

I applied for McGill, York and Concordia. Haven't heard anything yet

I applied for McGill, Concordia and University of Toronto. I haven't heard anything yet, but spoke to Concordia who said they release their decisions 12 weeks after the deadline.

Did you guys have interviews for these?

1 hour ago, ar3693 said:

I'm not the one you were talking about, but I got waitlisted as well. I was told the waitlist isn't ranked numerically. Rather, as people reject their offers, the department will choose from the pool of waitlist candidates in a way that offers balance and ensure diversity in subfield and research interests.

Great to know. Thanks. What's your subfield?

13 hours ago, ElySiae said:

Anyone waiting to hear back from Canadian phd programs? The wait is killing me 

I'm still waiting on Toronto. I have a feeling they have been sending out decisions by subfield. What did you apply for?

59 minutes ago, purifieddrinkingwater said:

Are there any more people who have applied to Rochester but not heard back from them yet? Could i ask what your subfield is? I see a plenty of rejection/acceptance/and even waitlist postings on the result page but havent had any notice from them.

Nothing from Rochester. When I just checked the portal, it said my application is under review.

Edited by Albert01