2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

8 minutes ago, proctorvt said:

Did everyone who got interviewed at Penn get an email except for me? It's not over yet, but this is utterly depressing....

Similarity, I did an interview with Binghamton and waiting for a good news while some got admittance/rejection already. And yes "it is utterly depressing"

1 hour ago, redfive said:

i can claim a penn admit

Congrats! Great school.

You're theory right? I applied there for theory but haven't heard anything. --likely because they offered to you and someone else (I bet they are only taking a couple theory students).

6 minutes ago, Applicantsocio said:

May I know when you received your acceptance email?

6 minutes ago, deutsch1997bw said:

Congrats! Did you receive an email from the graduate coordination like the poster above?

I received the email like an hour and a half ago, also from the graduate coordinator with the DGS cc'd.

7 minutes ago, deutsch1997bw said:

To the person who posted on the results page a rejection from University of Minnesota, don't give up hope yet. I looked at previous years' results, and it seems like acceptances are sent out over the course of three days.

I'm not the one wrote the post. But thank you so much for the word. Saved my day. At least before I kept hearing nothing from them, as well as U Penn, till the end of this week. 

3 hours ago, CP_Religion said:

Similarity, I did an interview with Binghamton and waiting for a good news while some got admittance/rejection already. And yes "it is utterly depressing"

Binghamton is only taking a few this year. The DGS said 4-6 total. Some people will turn down the offer after the visit day. 

45 minutes ago, tariggs said:

Binghamton is only taking a few this year. The DGS said 4-6 total. Some people will turn down the offer after the visit day. 

I also heard that they will accept a few, which is not a good news. Do you know when the visit day is? Or is there any specific visit day?