2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

5 minutes ago, toad1 said:

What schools do we expect to roll out decisions this week? Still waiting on a few myself. Also wondering if we can expect Monday to be a lost day since the work week for US universities will start on Tuesday due to President's Day.

UPenn has announced on President's Day the last two years. In any event, they'll likely announce this week.

38 minutes ago, toad1 said:

What schools do we expect to roll out decisions this week? Still waiting on a few myself. Also wondering if we can expect Monday to be a lost day since the work week for US universities will start on Tuesday due to President's Day.

Harvard, Yale, Caltech, and hopefully it's not that Rochester has sent out all offers...

43 minutes ago, toad1 said:

Also, you can check past "submit results" weeks if you are willing to dig through the results forum on here. GradCafe is actually really good at creating estimates.

1 hour ago, toad1 said:

Indiana and Minnesota are supposed to announce acceptances this week, per the graduate secretaries at both institutions. 

1 hour ago, Crowe said:

Thanks for the info... And significantly raising my blood pressure.

I'm right there with you. MIght I suggest smashing your computer into a million pieces and cutting the internet connection that leads to your domicile? :D It's the only rational thing to do at this phase of the game...

Best of luck.

4 minutes ago, proctorvt said:

I'm right there with you. MIght I suggest smashing your computer into a million pieces and cutting the internet connection that leads to your domicile? :D It's the only rational thing to do at this phase of the game...

Best of luck.

Thought about it. Might do it if I don't get some closure/acceptance by Tuesday

42 minutes ago, komina12345 said:

Things I Have Learned:

- Getting an e-mail that "Your Decision is Ready" usually means rejection

Not necessarily. I received my first offer with that kind of e-mail. A full offer letter with funding information arrived around 2 days later.

8 minutes ago, dr.strange said:

Not necessarily. I received my first offer with that kind of e-mail. A full offer letter with funding information arrived around 2 days later.

Things I Have Learned:

- I am often wrong

23 minutes ago, Crowe said:

I'm assuming those who are going to Penn got their letters today. Sigh. Another one for the reject pile. This one hurts. 

I wouldn't be so certain until someone actually posts here. You do realize trolls can post multiple submissions, right?

8 minutes ago, komina12345 said:

Things I Have Learned:

- I am often wrong

I wouldn't be so certain until someone actually posts here. You do realize trolls can post multiple submissions, right?

This is true. And given the chatter this morning/last night about “Penn usually announcing on Presidents Day,” it wouldn’t be surprising. However, the results postings do mention the DGS correctly and differ in their level of detail and style.

Perhaps that is reading into it too much, but I’m still crossing my fingers nonetheless. 

3 minutes ago, apolloscreed said:

This is true. And given the chatter this morning/last night about “Penn usually announcing on Presidents Day,” it wouldn’t be surprising. However, the results postings do mention the DGS correctly and differ in their level of detail and style.

Perhaps that is reading into it too much, but I’m still crossing my fingers nonetheless. 

We are political science doctoral hopefuls. If we can't write in differing writing styles and find out who the DGS without a quick Google search, I would be concerned.