2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

1 hour ago, theprincessleia said:

does anyone know how many people are usually admitted to university of illinois at urbana champaign?

They say they want cohorts of around 8 to 10 students, so they probably admit something like double that. A good guess would be that they admit approximately 5-6 students in each of IR, comparative, and American politics.

2 hours ago, BobBobBob said:

Seems a little odd that no one on the forum or the results page has claimed Harvard acceptance.

2 hours ago, CandyCanes said:

There are now four on the acceptances page and someone earlier in the thread claimed a waitlist. 

.. Per insider info, the Gov department hasn't announced anything. HKS has tho. I would take whatever you see posted with a grain of salt, especially on the results thread and from user's who's first post is claiming a Harvard acceptance. I'm about 99% sure they are PSR trolls. 

1 hour ago, PE_Methods said:

.. Per insider info, the Gov department hasn't announced anything. HKS has tho. I would take whatever you see posted with a grain of salt, especially on the results thread and from user's who's first post is claiming a Harvard acceptance. I'm about 99% sure they are PSR trolls. 

This is incorrect. I stand by what I said, and I'm not a PSR troll.

2 hours ago, PE_Methods said:

Where's your insider info coming from?

As far as I can tell, here is what's going on with Harvard Gov: committee members began informally notifying admits / waitlists on Friday, but some committee members have been slower than others. So the overall effect is that good news began trickling down on Friday, stopped over the weekend, and will likely finish trickling down during the first half of this week. Uncharacteristic for Harvard, but there it is. 

Good luck!

(Edit: this applies to Harvard Gov, not necessarily to PEG / other joint programs.)

Edited by oakeshott

41 minutes ago, oakeshott said:

As far as I can tell, here is what's going on with Harvard Gov: committee members began informally notifying admits / waitlists on Friday, but some committee members have been slower than others. So the overall effect is that good news began trickling down on Friday, stopped over the weekend, and will likely finish trickling down during the first half of this week. Uncharacteristic for Harvard, but there it is. 

Good luck!

(Edit: this applies to Harvard Gov, not necessarily to PEG / other joint programs.)

How were you able to infer this?

Got an email an hour ago from UChicago's CIR program with acceptance and 1/3 funding.  I'm happy to have some acceptances, though I was hoping to have a PhD offer (or at least a generously funded MA offer) on the table by now.