MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

1 hour ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Guys I’m having a nervous breakdown. I’m yet to hear from three colleges in the US, and I BADLY need to get admitted to atleast one of them. 

Wish me luck?

Sending you all the good vibes starry night!!! What are your options?? 

I just wanna hear back from hunter like right now!!!

24 minutes ago, charoarte said:

Sending you all the good vibes starry night!!! What are your options?? 

I just wanna hear back from hunter like right now!!!

I've been rejected from UPenn, Northwestern and CMU. Waiting to hear from MIT, Cornell and Columbia. I'm desperate. 

23 minutes ago, StarryNight_1 said:

I've been rejected from UPenn, Northwestern and CMU. Waiting to hear from MIT, Cornell and Columbia. I'm desperate. 

Have you interviewed Columbia? Stay positive focusing on what you want!! The law of attraction works wonders 

8 minutes ago, charoarte said:

Have you interviewed Columbia? Stay positive focusing on what you want!! The law of attraction works wonders 

Nope. I emailed them they said a couple more interviews *might* take place for New Genres but they're not sure sooo.
Trying my best. Thanks a ton Charoarte! :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Nope. I emailed them they said a couple more interviews *might* take place for New Genres but they're not sure sooo.

Still nothing from Columbia, it's rejection I guess 

40 minutes ago, StarryNight_1 said:

I am desperately hopeful about this 'more interviews' possibility too - for photo. Has anyone heard anything?

Also, best of luck! I am sure you'll get in somewhere!

Edited by chaosforte

3 hours ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Guys I’m having a nervous breakdown. I’m yet to hear from three colleges in the US, and I BADLY need to get admitted to atleast one of them. 

Wish me luck?

I understand that international student nervousness, assuming you're one. I wish you all the best. Try to distract yourself, make art and eat something nice. *Virtual hug*

22 hours ago, jailcowboy said:

Nope! Not yet, Iexpect within the next couple of weeks. They reached out to me last Friday about some documents

I only ask because a friend of mine who also applied to VCU painting this year received a rejection email a couple days ago and it is making me anxious that I haven't heard anything yet

13 minutes ago, waitingisfun said:

I only ask because a friend of mine who also applied to VCU painting this year received a rejection email a couple days ago and it is making me anxious that I haven't heard anything yet

Yeah . . . I've mentioned it a few times here before (it doesn't seem many photo people applied to VCU), but I've not heard anything either for photo, not a peep haha. No interview, rejection or acception.

Edited by TinaSlay

18 minutes ago, TinaSlay said:

Yeah . . . I've mentioned it a few times here before (it doesn't seem many photo people applied to VCU), but I've not heard anything either for photo, not a peep haha. No interview, rejection or acception.

Yeah same here nothing, the silence is awful but maybe it's a good sign, that's what I'm trying to force myself to believe. Who knows maybe we will hear some good news, good luck TinaSlay and hang in there!

5 minutes ago, waitingisfun said:

Yeah same here nothing, the silence is awful but maybe it's a good sign, that's what I'm trying to force myself to believe. Who knows maybe we will hear some good news, good luck TinaSlay and hang in there!

Yeah, maybe haha.

Good luck to you too, :)

5 hours ago, StarryNight_1 said:

Thank you! I'm praying for the same :'(

I'm pretty sure they already sent out acceptance calls/emails for new genres at Columbia. Someone I know already got in (unless they applied to painting? i'm not super close with them) 

Someone else i know has also been accepted to yale in case anyone else is waiting on a response from them. I think a lot of us are just waiting for financial aid emails right now 

5 hours ago, sumthin said:

I'm pretty sure they already sent out acceptance calls/emails for new genres at Columbia. Someone I know already got in (unless they applied to painting? i'm not super close with them) 

Someone else i know has also been accepted to yale in case anyone else is waiting on a response from them. I think a lot of us are just waiting for financial aid emails right now 

Maaaan. 

Wanted to say that I got an acceptance to hunter (painting)  fall 2018 via email on Thursday around noon. I’m assuming they haven’t sent them all out since I haven’t heard news from anyone else. 

Edited by Alife