MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

On 3/15/2018 at 6:44 PM, sellian said:

I'm waitlisted at Ohio State. I thought my interview went pretty well, but they said they had over 100 applicants so I'm pretty happy to even make it to this point. I am Australian, so the whole process has been a bit difficult to wrap my head around, but I am still holding out hope to be accepted. I've started making other plans, though - I have my eye on some residencies in Japan, as well as working towards a group show in Melbourne in September. It is kind of a relief to put it out of my mind and have something else to think about.

I got waitlisted to OSU too. I didn't have an interview though. Which was kinda strange now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, slickjaketheruler said:

I got waitlisted to OSU too. I didn't have an interview though. Which was kinda strange now that I think about it.

Best of luck! Most colleges don't interview waitlisted candidates till they're up for admission. In the sense, the moment someone withdraws, the interviews start. But I would recommend writing to them, asking about what to do next if you're interested in their program. 

Hey, I've been reading this forum for very long time, and I think it's about time to apply! so I decided to apply for 2019 MFA. I'm looking at all the great postings from previous years to make the list. So far I'm thinking about U of Washington and U of Chicago. They all seem to be great programs, but I noticed that some of the previous posting about the U of Washington are a little alarming. So... does anybody know about the school? how's their sculpture program?

Edited by fryingpan

6 hours ago, wendi said:

Still waiting to hear from VCU and UConn.  I applied to VCU last year and I remember them taking a long time to reject me.  The only acceptance I've gotten so far is for Nomad/9, and I'm trying to decide if I want to do that or see if I can get funded at UConn (or try again next year), so I have a decision to make.

I'm doing coursework at SMFA right now and that place is a mess tbh.

Did you interview for VCU? I'm pretty much expecting my rejection letter any day know, haha, :lol:

I did not interview with them, but I was one of their AIR for the department I applied for, so I have worked with the faculty for a full month in the past.  That's not to say they don't "have" to interview me, but if they didn't I guess it would make sense.

On 3/18/2018 at 8:10 PM, AngryHarold said:

bad news for me i guess. didn't hear from RISD yet. lol.

good job though, in all seriousness. that's a good dilemma to have!

They said there's a really qualified waitlist, so I wouldn't lose hope yet.  I'm still waiting to receive financial aid info and can't make any decisions till after, but if I don't get any kind of help I may have to give up my spot.  TBD, and best of luck to you, you have some pretty great offers!

Having a tough time deciding between Bard and Tyler. Tyler is offering more money, but Bard is..well Bard. I know I could make it work whichever program I choose, however a little background is I have not been living in New York so Bard might be a bit difficult leaving the 2 month residency to find a job and space to live/work right after. My undergrad professor recently told me she heard there was discontentment  within Tyler. I want to study under Dona Nelson, she teaches at both Bard and Tyler. 

Thoughts on both programs? (painting)

8 hours ago, Snoozi said:

They said there's a really qualified waitlist, so I wouldn't lose hope yet.  I'm still waiting to receive financial aid info and can't make any decisions till after, but if I don't get any kind of help I may have to give up my spot.  TBD, and best of luck to you, you have some pretty great offers!

thanks for the information! i still haven't heard anything from RISD, so i assumed rejection. like you, i don't think i can go without a decent offer anyway, so no big deal. i was just honored to even be interviewed. good luck to you too! i'm pretty psyched on Pratt overall, but the living expenses in NYC are my biggest concern. that was a huge benefit of RISD.

well guys I wanted to tell you thanks for all the support it has been such a great thing to have this forum during admissions period! I have rejected all other offers and will be attending Hunter in the spring so good luck to everyone there will be a spot open for PAFA, UDel, UF and LSU!  Good luck to everyone and hunter people reach out if anybody needs a roomate or anything! This is my email merchallanos@gmail.com and I am Mercedes Llanos on Facebook if anybody wants to connect I would love to! ❤️❤️❤️??

4 minutes ago, VitaminPme said:

Anyone else had any offers of acceptance from Pratt (Painting)?  Maybe the interview didn't go as well as I thought it did... eek?!:(

Hi VitaminPme, I am on the second wave of interview. My interviewer said the Chair will contact me soon, but so far I got nothing too. 

6 minutes ago, Basil101 said:

Hi VitaminPme, I am on the second wave of interview. My interviewer said the Chair will contact me soon, but so far I got nothing too. 

Oh, thanks Basil101.  When was your interview?

6 minutes ago, Basil101 said:

Mine was on last week. I heard someone from the first wave already got acceptance. Good luck! 

Cool, mine was the week before yours. 

I've been wondering if Pratt does their acceptances so late because by now a lot of applicants may have accepted other offers, and they'll know who's really serious about getting into the program... maybe less of an administrative nightmare for such a large program?

Good luck to you too! 

On 2018. 3. 20. at 8:23 AM, thirdtimesthecharm said:

Maybe it’s alphabeltical or depends on who you interviewed with. I don’t know. Super weird though...

did you hear from hunter admissions? I'm still waiting for the result :(