MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

11 hours ago, leafyinhaling said:

Got into tyler with full tuition remission and stipend for two years, also got into goldsmiths with nothing. Really don't know what to do now...

I am an international student for both country, so its kinda a decision that where I want to study and where I want to work after graduation...I would really like the idea of studying London and being close to Europe but I kind of have a feeling that the young people's art scene in London is not as vibrant as in major cities in US? Or maybe I'm just ignorant. If I choose the school in the states, it probably would be easier to move to any city I like after graduation, like LA or NY...

I feel quite lost now and wish there's anyone has any insights.:blink:

I say Tyler, without a doubt, as an international student you will get a one year work visa OPT when you graduate, you can use this to build up more relationships and just learn more,  personally I think the art scene in US is sooo much better than UK.. I'm international too

9 hours ago, charoarte said:

Tyler is one of the top schools here! I didn’t even get interviewed! And if you get to go there for free you should go!! It seems to be really prestigious and they do study abroad I think 

I recieved my BFA in Printmaking from Tyler. They were quite rigorous and plus being in Philadelphia you are close to NYC and DC. Philadelphia has an amazing thriving art scene and a lot of opportunities to exhibit because the cost of living is lower so there are more galleries, alternative spaces etc.  I always recommend Tyler. It's a great school. They have a study abroad program in Rome Italy that I also recommend taking advantage of if you can. 

16 hours ago, leafyinhaling said:

Got into tyler with full tuition remission and stipend for two years, also got into goldsmiths with nothing. Really don't know what to do now...

I am an international student for both country, so its kinda a decision that where I want to study and where I want to work after graduation...I would really like the idea of studying London and being close to Europe but I kind of have a feeling that the young people's art scene in London is not as vibrant as in major cities in US? Or maybe I'm just ignorant. If I choose the school in the states, it probably would be easier to move to any city I like after graduation, like LA or NY...

I feel quite lost now and wish there's anyone has any insights.:blink:

Which discipline did you apply as?

20 minutes ago, thirdtimesthecharm said:

Is there any one else out there who hasn’t heard either way from Hunter? 

maybe you will hear tomorrow, they might send acceptances in groups.  Are you going for painting? 

58 minutes ago, Happy Little Tree said:

Congrats!! :D You were seriously on the edge of your seat for that one!

hahah thanks!!  yeah... it was that one school that I applied to thinking I would not get in... long shot/dream school... all of it!!! have you chosen? 

Hi guys!

I've been trolling this forum for a while and didn't get a chance to post anything.

But I just got an interview invitation from RCA (London) for MA Photography. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on the interview? I have no idea what kind of questions they are gonna ask. Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, shan.j. said:

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on the interview? I have no idea what kind of questions they are gonna ask. Thank you so much!

There's a thread of common interview questions here: 

Good luck!

On 3/19/2018 at 8:29 AM, MFAAFM said:

Same...do people actually get accepted off of the waitlist...or is this just a delayed drawn out rejection?!?!?

I hope so, but who knows. Did they tell you where you were on the waitlist? Are you going to stay on it? I told them that I'm still interested,  but all these uncertainties are leaving me feeling a bit up in the air and overwhelmed.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:11 PM, charoarte said:

I can't believe tyler did not even say they rejected me... it's ridiculous I never heard anything back ever ...  thanks tyler ;)

That is such a bummer. RISD ghosted me too.

1 hour ago, peachgray said:

I hope so, but who knows. Did they tell you where you were on the waitlist? Are you going to stay on it? I told them that I'm still interested,  but all these uncertainties are leaving me feeling a bit up in the air and overwhelmed.

No I’m not sure where i am on the list...is that information schools typically share. I’m staying on since most schools don’t need to hear back for a while 

Still waiting to hear from VCU and UConn.  I applied to VCU last year and I remember them taking a long time to reject me.  The only acceptance I've gotten so far is for Nomad/9, and I'm trying to decide if I want to do that or see if I can get funded at UConn (or try again next year), so I have a decision to make.

I'm doing coursework at SMFA right now and that place is a mess tbh.

Edited by wendi
Oversharing lol