MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

3/16 Notre Dame Rejection (Painting). There's only one spot, and I didn't get it...can I actually be upset? :rolleyes: 

I have two acceptances. And still waiting on:

Cincinnati: waitlisted

Delaware ??

UCONN??

Syracuse??

VCU??

Edited by Happy Little Tree

9 hours ago, snowball0 said:

Columbia new genres, really?

her work would fit new genres or moving image but new genres feels more right to me i know her work better than i know her sorry :(

I got a call/offer from Columbia this week and am just waiting for the financial aid offer 

16 minutes ago, rebkhan said:

@Alife hunter is being so strange! They sent out rejections/waitlist first and now it sounds like they sent some acceptances but I haven’t heard anything after my interview! Wonder if I should email them.

Shouldn’t be weird to email them considering they kept saying we’d know by Friday! 

13 minutes ago, sumthin said:

her work would fit new genres or moving image but new genres feels more right to me i know her work better than i know her sorry :(

I got a call/offer from Columbia this week and am just waiting for the financial aid offer 

What program did you interview for?I interviewed with sculpture and haven’t heard anything. Last year I was notified on the 27th of March re waitlist

19 minutes ago, DigitalGlacier said:

What program did you interview for?I interviewed with sculpture and haven’t heard anything. Last year I was notified on the 27th of March re waitlist

Not sculpture I feel like we'll get official emails soon. my friend waitlisted last year and her email came march 17th i think everything is happening later this year

34 minutes ago, thirdtimesthecharm said:

Congratulations! Hoping the rest of us hear something soon!! 

ughhh whattt?!?! OMG I haven't heard anything yet!! 

I emailed Carrie yesterday saying I preferred starting in Spring and she responded immediately saying that I should hear back next week and ended the email with:

"more soon,

Carrie"

does that mean admission??? hmmmm :huh:

Edited by charoarte

31 minutes ago, charoarte said:

I emailed Carrie yesterday saying I preferred starting in Spring and she responded immediately saying that I should hear back next week and ended the email with:

"more soon,

Carrie"

They probably only sent out a few? Maybe they are on spring break! If you haven’t heard yet I’m sure it’s probably good news 

4 minutes ago, Alife said:

They probably only sent out a few? Maybe they are on spring break! If you haven’t heard yet I’m sure it’s probably good news 

who did you interview with? 

On 3/16/2018 at 7:38 PM, D4A1G7 said:

Haha I'm in a similar situation except I am waitlisted at UT Austin. Just out of curiosity, what residencies are you looking for in Japan? I am based in Korea so just interested. 

Good luck to you!!! I would also love to visit Korea... but it is super easy to get a year long working holiday visa for Japan in Australia. I have mainly done month-long residencies, this time I'd like to do something a bit longer. The ones I'm looking at are the Kamiyama AIR, the Aichi University of the Arts AIR, Youkubo Artspace, and PARADISE.

12 hours ago, sumthin said:

which program did you apply for?

9 hours ago, charoarte said:

"more soon,

Carrie"

Sounds like good news!

On March 15, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Dmize91 said:

Hey, I was accepted to that program, but I have a couple of other choices as well - BU, Mica and Pafa. Do you have any information about Alfred's new program? It's hard to come by, being its first year and all. Thanks!

They are building brand new studios for the grad students. The work I saw from the BFA program was fantastic.  Because you are traveling between Germany and the US you will be limited to what additional courses you can take. Alfred is a cute little town. Perfect to devote all your time to your work. You will need transportation. The program director is a very nice person and all the staff is very professional and friendly. The campus has a close-knit feel to it. Düsseldorf is a wonderful city and you will be close to other major Cities. MICA and PAFA are expensive. Not sure if money is an issue for you. Alfred/Düsseldorf is a great deal. Yes, it is a new program and untested, but with the great reputation Alfred has and the commitment of the staff you are in good hands. Having an MFA from Alfred/Düsseldorf will certainly set you apart from other MFA grads. Building all those international connections can only benefit you professionally. Best of luck. 

On 3/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, hduggan said:

Has anyone heard from University of Maryland college park? 

Have you received any word from UMD yet? Anxious. Have yet to receive a rejection though. My application still says under departmental view.

1 hour ago, peachgray said:

@MFAAFM Hey I was just notified that I was put on the wait list for Tyler. Check your inbox! 

I can't believe tyler did not even say they rejected me... it's ridiculous I never heard anything back ever ...  thanks tyler ;)

@sunflowerpower

No, but I did email them and they said the graduate director and committee have met and decisions should be mailed out in a week or so. I got the response on the 14th.  So hopefully they'll be mailed out this week. 

Edited by hduggan

Got acceptance phone call today from RISD for Painting, now awaiting financial aid info.
Help! Should I go to SAIC or RISD for painting??  Is one really better than the other, and if so how??  Any advice would be so so helpful, thank you!!

Got into tyler with full tuition remission and stipend for two years, also got into goldsmiths with nothing. Really don't know what to do now...

I am an international student for both country, so its kinda a decision that where I want to study and where I want to work after graduation...I would really like the idea of studying London and being close to Europe but I kind of have a feeling that the young people's art scene in London is not as vibrant as in major cities in US? Or maybe I'm just ignorant. If I choose the school in the states, it probably would be easier to move to any city I like after graduation, like LA or NY...

I feel quite lost now and wish there's anyone has any insights.:blink:

2 hours ago, Snoozi said:

Got acceptance phone call today from RISD for Painting, now awaiting financial aid info.
Help! Should I go to SAIC or RISD for painting??  Is one really better than the other, and if so how??  Any advice would be so so helpful, thank you!!

bad news for me i guess. didn't hear from RISD yet. lol.

good job though, in all seriousness. that's a good dilemma to have!

Edited by AngryHarold

6 hours ago, leafyinhaling said:

Got into tyler with full tuition remission and stipend for two years, also got into goldsmiths with nothing. Really don't know what to do now...

I am an international student for both country, so its kinda a decision that where I want to study and where I want to work after graduation...I would really like the idea of studying London and being close to Europe but I kind of have a feeling that the young people's art scene in London is not as vibrant as in major cities in US? Or maybe I'm just ignorant. If I choose the school in the states, it probably would be easier to move to any city I like after graduation, like LA or NY...

I feel quite lost now and wish there's anyone has any insights.:blink:

Tyler is one of the top schools here! I didn’t even get interviewed! And if you get to go there for free you should go!! It seems to be really prestigious and they do study abroad I think 

12 hours ago, peachgray said:

@MFAAFM Hey I was just notified that I was put on the wait list for Tyler. Check your inbox! 

Same...do people actually get accepted off of the waitlist...or is this just a delayed drawn out rejection?!?!?