MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

7 hours ago, PainterPerson said:

I interviewed at MassArt for painting about a month ago - Skype, panel style. Just got accepted, but I'm declining to go to Syracuse. Good luck!

NO. It's the one school I might consider over Syracuse, now that I've heard from almost everyone. Driving me nuts!!

How long did the interview take?

4 hours ago, jailcowboy said:

Lol

There's like, a special level of burn for being ghosted. Rejection outright is disappointing, but a much easier pill to swallow. Being ghosted by a school is as if they didn't even wan't to talk to you at all, :lol:

Edited by TinaSlay

44 minutes ago, TinaSlay said:

There's like, a special level of burn for being ghosted. Rejection outright is disappointing, but a much easier pill to swallow. Being ghosted by a school is as if they didn't even wan't to talk to you at all, :lol:

In my opinion, any school that cannot provide you with a yes or no in a reasonable amount of time is giving you a glimpse of how the department/administration functions. It reflects poorly on the school. Organization and professionalism matter, perhaps especially in the arts. If a school is exhibiting neither, they may not deserve you anyway.

2 hours ago, SOSplssmnehlpme said:

Anything from UCONN? or am I being ghosted?

I haven't heard anything from UConn or VCU (Photo).  I tried to call VCU about a month ago and one of the faculty that was supposed to be a main decider was on sabbatical at the time?  So I don't know if their whole timeline is pushed back or what.  I imagine I'm probably rejected from both because I got a LOT of rejections this year tbh.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:00 PM, blackbirdnichole said:

Still awaiting word from Georgia State University for Painting/Drawing...

Image result for waiting on time

Hey! I live in Atlanta and am friends with many of the faculty. At an opening this weekend I joked to a painting faculty member about the fact that people are posting on here about gsu being so late. He said they are way late and have not sent out any acceptances because they don't send them until they have funding worked out. So you're waiting for good things. If you have any questions feel free to hmu

Edited by carolinephoto

11 hours ago, cottonbuds100pcs said:

hey just to give heads up for yale's financial aid. yes they all received need-based funding. some of my friends received 100% tuition waiver + work study + unit loan. i think the average debt after graduation is probably around 20k - 40k (probably because of loan for living cost), which i think is completely reasonable

Thank you for the info! I am just wondering whether international students will get need-based funding from Yale or not, since they do not provide merit scholarship.

3 hours ago, Rennnnn said:

Thank you for the info! I am just wondering whether international students will get need-based funding from Yale or not, since they do not provide merit scholarship.

yeah, international students also received need-based funding as long as they provide the documentations (tax returns from home countries (translated + notarized), international certification of finances, etc.). since they couldn't apply for federal loan, yale will provide the loan itself and they could borrow as much as they need. again, i think the debt that they'll accrue is also similar for domestic students, ranging from 20k - 40k solely for living cost. they usually have 100% tuition waiver (it's all come down to how much they + their parents earn really). imo, i think yale has the fairest financial aid for all of its students

Edited by cottonbuds100pcs

Anyone on here still waiting to hear from Tyler for Fiber and Material Studies? I haven't heard anything whatsoever, I emailed their admission director yesterday and she said the Fibers department will be reaching out to candidates at the end of this week or early next... I'm not sure if that means prospective candidates for interviews etc. or acceptance/rejection/waitlist.

Also, what are people's opinions/thoughts of Cranbrook? I received an acceptance there (fiber), I am so excited but it is also VERY expensive...!!

<3

Trying to choose between a good financial package at VCU and a lesser one to Tyler. I'm leaning toward VCU since I like their program more, wondering if anyone wouldn't mind sharing their perspective. I feel like I'm making a decision that's way over my head. 

17 hours ago, carolinephoto said:

Hey! I live in Atlanta and am friends with many of the faculty. At an opening this weekend I joked to a painting faculty member about the fact that people are posting on here about gsu being so late. He said they are way late and have not sent out any acceptances because they don't send them until they have funding worked out. So you're waiting for good things. If you have any questions feel free to hmu

@carolinephoto do you know if they interview everyone? I haven't heard a peep and I'm wondering if no interview at this point means a rejection. Thank you for your intel!

Surprisingly accepted off of waitlist at Florida State University. Full tuition + Stipend!!!! Thought the waitlist was a cruel joke. :) I will accept. 

Was feeling down after receiving a rejection from UMD, but I am superrrr relieved now.

Anyone waitlisted for IU,Pratt, or MCAD I will officially decline their offers tomorrow. Hopefully good news coming someone's way.

????‍?

On 3/25/2018 at 11:38 PM, slickjaketheruler said:

AYYY Congrats on getting into GMU. Super excited to hear that you got in there and representing my alma mater. I'm pretty sure I'll run into you there since I'm still kinda connected to the school.

Very cool! And thanks!! Yeah super excited, just waiting on the final financial info and then I’ll officially accept.