Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

Hey All,

For UVIC, from my understanding through discussion with a bunch of people is that the grad secretary sends our invites once the POI requests an applicant to be interviewed. So, if you have received an invitation, that is fantastic but, most people will find out this coming week. Last year they found out the following week as well!

Let's keep each other updated :)

Does anyone know whether or not you have to update your schools of interest if you switch around/drop classes. For some of my application I had to included classes i was taking during my final semester. Since then i have changed around my schedule, and dont know whether or not i need to contact the programs i applied to.

1 hour ago, CHIBLA said:

Does anyone know whether or not you have to update your schools of interest if you switch around/drop classes. For some of my application I had to included classes i was taking during my final semester. Since then i have changed around my schedule, and dont know whether or not i need to contact the programs i applied to.

No, you don't. They'll ask for your final transcripts if you're accepted.

On 1/18/2018 at 12:21 PM, kittyprincess said:

Do we think all UTSC is out?

Hey! New user here! I spoke with a graduate student in the clinical psychology program recently and she mentioned that in-person interviews would be finished by February so I'm assuming that majority of the faculty have conducted their informal interviews by now. 

If you haven't been contacted yet, I know that it's not uncommon for schools to have two batches of interviews (one in January and another in February?). Perhaps you'll be contacted in the second phase! The graduate student I spoke with was actually admitted from the second batch of interviews so there's still hope!!

Best of luck!! :)

10 hours ago, kungfupewpew said:

Hey! New user here! I spoke with a graduate student in the clinical psychology program recently and she mentioned that in-person interviews would be finished by February so I'm assuming that majority of the faculty have conducted their informal interviews by now. 

If you haven't been contacted yet, I know that it's not uncommon for schools to have two batches of interviews (one in January and another in February?). Perhaps you'll be contacted in the second phase! The graduate student I spoke with was actually admitted from the second batch of interviews so there's still hope!!

Best of luck!! :)

Thanks for the information!!

I have had interviews from Ryerson and Calgary so far. The POI from Calgary already let me know that she chose someone else in a very nice e-mail, still waiting to hear back about Ryerson interview. Also applied to UTSC, Ottawa, McGill, Manitoba, Windsor, and UVic. 

Going completely bonkers.

7 hours ago, kungfupewpew said:

Has anyone heard from Ottawa by any chance?

Definitely later in the game. I think I got my rejection last year in March through the online portal.

They didn't email me directly until weeks later so make sure to check in there.

Edited by ContentFaces

13 hours ago, roman000 said:

I have had interviews from Ryerson and Calgary so far. The POI from Calgary already let me know that she chose someone else in a very nice e-mail, still waiting to hear back about Ryerson interview. Also applied to UTSC, Ottawa, McGill, Manitoba, Windsor, and UVic. 

Do you mind sharing your POI from calgary? Haven't heard anything yet and have been anxiously waiting!

54 minutes ago, psyo77 said:

Do you mind sharing your POI from calgary? Haven't heard anything yet and have been anxiously waiting!

Me too, although I'm assuming rejection at this point with no contact from Calgary.

20 hours ago, roman000 said:

Is that for the Calgary Clinical Program?

16 minutes ago, Anne said:

So how bad is it if we haven't heard from Guelph, Western, or York regarding an interview at this point? I thought invites went out this week.

Guelph's interviews are supposed to be mid January to mid February, so I'd say don't worry too much about that one

44 minutes ago, Anne said:

So how bad is it if we haven't heard from Guelph, Western, or York regarding an interview at this point? I thought invites went out this week.

I believe York hasn't been sent out yet... @Jay's Brain Wondering if you know anything about the open house? :) 

37 minutes ago, ContentFaces said:

Guelph's interviews are supposed to be mid January to mid February, so I'd say don't worry too much about that one

I agree. Last year interview invites went out Jan 27th or 28th. I also know that the faculty had not met to shortlist people yet as of Monday, although I don't know when they are meeting.