Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

1 hour ago, kittyprincess said:

Still nothing from UTSC?  Wonder if they will hold to the interview dates. 

Nothing yet  

Did anyone else who applied to UTSC not realize the program isn’t CPA accredited? I feel played ?.

Edited by Neurophilic

26 minutes ago, Neurophilic said:

Nothing yet  

Did anyone else who applied to UTSC not realize the program isn’t CPA accredited? I feel played ?.

That's why it's always good to check the CPA's website before you apply. UTSC should state that they're not yet accredited on the front page of the program site to be honest. They'll likely be accredited in a few years (along with UBC-O and the PsyD at Memorial) so it's not that big a deal. 

I feel so hopeless not having received any email invites so far. Interview dates are closing in and it just feels kind of futile. Here's to trying to find a job til next year.

Also, I was going to chime in that clinical psychology at UofT is only in UTSC and like others have mentioned, it is NOT accredited. The only clinical accredited option is clinical and counselling psychology at OISE. 

1 hour ago, kkua said:

I feel so hopeless not having received any email invites so far. Interview dates are closing in and it just feels kind of futile. Here's to trying to find a job til next year.

Also, I was going to chime in that clinical psychology at UofT is only in UTSC and like others have mentioned, it is NOT accredited. The only clinical accredited option is clinical and counselling psychology at OISE. 

I'm sorry. It's such a hard process. The most important thing is to be persist, continuously improve your application, and success will eventually come your way! 

23 hours ago, kkua said:

I definitely feel the same. :( 

20 hours ago, ninotores said:

Hi there, does anyone know if all UVic interview invites have been sent out? Read that invites will be sent out around 2nd week Jan so I just wanted to confirm :/

I got my official invite from the grad secretary at UVic on Wednesday, I believe all invites went out now, interviews are Feb 7-9th

8 hours ago, AlbertaUndergrad said:

I'm wondering if anyone knows about general timelines for school and clinical at U of Alberta or school and applied at U of Calgary? I have heard they don't have formal interview processes? Thanks!

Last year I was accepted to Alberta's SCCP program on March 30 with no interview or contact prior to that point

Official rejection from SFU. Knew it was coming, but blahhhhh. Looks like my 99th percentile GREs can't save my barely-over-min-required cumulative GPA. Waitlisted at Dal (because of my GPA), assumed rejection at Ryerson and UVic, definite rejection at SFU, pretty sure I didn't get a UNB or Concordia interview. Holding out hope for UManitoba, Calgary and Lakehead but honestly, not that hopeful.

Got an interview for medical school at McMaster and honestly I feel like I'm more likely to get in there!

Edited by punkwich
add more info

1 hour ago, prospectclin said:

does anyone have any insight into how many applicants being interviewed/accepted have publications?

I’m a first year clinical student. I believe about 1/4 of my cohort had publications. A few of us were in the process of preparing/submitting manuscripts, but the majority didn’t have any publications. This might vary if, for example, a lot of people already had an MA. But I think for most applicants, pubs are a bonus rather than an expectation. 

19 minutes ago, hsnl said:

I’m a first year clinical student. I believe about 1/4 of my cohort had publications. A few of us were in the process of preparing/submitting manuscripts, but the majority didn’t have any publications. This might vary if, for example, a lot of people already had an MA. But I think for most applicants, pubs are a bonus rather than an expectation. 

ok, cool - good to know! thank you!

On 1/15/2018 at 5:57 AM, ContentFaces said:

Last year I was accepted to Alberta's SCCP program on March 30 with no interview or contact prior to that point

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better  :) were you admitted to thesis or course based?

Edited by AlbertaUndergrad