2018 Acceptances

HALP!

Just checked my Temple portal and I AM CONFUSED AF. 

A few days ago, it said "Application Status: Complete; Decision: Under Dept Review (or something close to that)."

Today, it says, "Application Status: Decision Made; Decision: University Acceptance."

No emails/calls from the department - any clue what this means? 

I'm thrilled it's a sign of life (wahoo!) and I'm hopeful it is Very, Very Good News - however, I realize it could mean that, like, I've passed through the grad school hope and am now onto departmental hoops, so I'm Extremely Cautious.

If it helps - apps were due 12/14, app was listed as complete/under review on like 1/16 (which is why I don't think this is actually an acceptance of any kind.) 

Any thoughts are welcome - I have a friend in their program currently but I'm too scared to reach out to him, hahahaha ... ahhhahaha ... AHHHHH .. I WAS COUNTING ON THIS BEING STRAIGHTFORWARD AND I PLAYED MYSELF.

5 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Today, it says, "Application Status: Decision Made; Decision: University Acceptance."

I believe our learned friend @Warelin has mentioned that OSU, in the past, has updated its portal, which is applicant-visible, to reflect acceptances before sending out notifications via e-mail or phone or what-have-you. So it could be good news! I'm superstitious, so I'll hold off on the congrats lest I jinx things, but this put a smile on my face!

38 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

HALP!

A few days ago, it said "Application Status: Complete; Decision: Under Dept Review (or something close to that)."

I'm thrilled it's a sign of life (wahoo!) and I'm hopeful it is Very, Very Good News - however, I realize it could mean that, like, I've passed through the grad school hope and am now onto departmental hoops, so I'm Extremely Cautious.

If it helps - apps were due 12/14, app was listed as complete/under review on like 1/16 (which is why I don't think this is actually an acceptance of any kind.) 

Any thoughts are welcome - I have a friend in their program currently but I'm too scared to reach out to him, hahahaha ... ahhhahaha ... AHHHHH .. I WAS COUNTING ON THIS BEING STRAIGHTFORWARD AND I PLAYED MYSELF.

That certainly sounds like an acceptance to me!

40 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

HALP!

Sounds like an acceptance! Congrats!

34 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Can't resist:

Self-shellacked!

(or maybe not o.0 ?)

True story - I read it and was like "either I'm accepted or I'm about to offer @FreakyFoucault a damn good shellack." Also - thanks for the positive thinking! And your interpretation,@punctilious! And thanks @WildeThing!!

I'll keep ya'll looped - gonna be a long 24 hours.

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel

1 hour ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

HALP!

I feel like this has to be an acceptance because I applied to Temple as well but my application status says "Complete Ready for Review" -- So, congratulations!! So exciting! I wonder if I should take this as an implied rejection or hang on to hope..  

39 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

I too am treating this as an acceptance @a_sort_of_fractious_angel! Congrats! You’re so deserving; you’ve been such a big help to so many this application cycle (like me). 

Thank you! Happy to help :) I'm excited to see where you get in and what your future work looks like! 

28 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I feel like this has to be an acceptance because I applied to Temple as well but my application status says "Complete Ready for Review" -- So, congratulations!! So exciting! I wonder if I should take this as an implied rejection or hang on to hope..  

Bless you - I really appreciate you sharing that. I would not give up hope at all - my friend who is currently there mentioned them taking some time getting acceptances out (I don't think they do a mass-drop kind of thing.) If what I have is an acceptance, I'll try and figure out as much as I can and I'll let you know. 

23 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

No jinxing, no jinxing.... Congra.... No jinxing....

Bahaha, th ... an .... k .... ummm. Thank. (Not thanks, not yet.)

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel

3 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Bless you - I really appreciate you sharing that. I would not - my friend who is currently there mentioned them taking some time getting acceptances out (I don't know if they do a mass-drop kind of thing). If what I have is an acceptance, I'll try and figure out as much as I can and I'll let you know. 

I did some research on the results page and in the forums and it looks like this is without a doubt an acceptance, so no need to doubt it or worry about jinxing it. You're definitely in!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and thank you in advance for any info :), and CONGRATS!!! 

2 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I did some research on the results page and in the forums and it looks like this is without a doubt an acceptance, so no need to doubt it or worry about jinxing it. You're definitely in!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and thank you in advance for any info :), and CONGRATS!!! 

Thank you! I will definitely keep you in the loop - as soon as I hear something from someone, I'll email my friend and do some recon ;) MAYBE WE CAN BE COHORT BUDDIES!

3 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Thank you! I will definitely keep you in the loop - as soon as I hear something from someone, I'll email my friend and do some recon ;) MAYBE WE CAN BE COHORT BUDDIES!

Thank you so much! Congrats again and OMG YES PLEASE! :) crossing my fingers so hard!! 

3 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

I GOT ACCEPTED TO OSU!!!

I knew my Home state wouldn't let me down!! 

Cannot breathe need help!! 

Awwww, congratulations :):) 

We have a Grad Café alumni who got into OSU last here, please get in touch with him whomever accepts their offer because that person (Old Bill on the forum) is just great. Super helpful and positive.

5 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Awwww, congratulations :):) 

We have a Grad Café alumni who got into OSU last here, please get in touch with him whomever accepts their offer because that person (Old Bill on the forum) is just great. Super helpful and positive.

Thank you so much @Yanaka!

I totally agree, Old Bill is a boss. His past posts here were a huge help in just about every stage of the app process. 

15 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

I GOT ACCEPTED TO OSU!!!

Congrats! Sending good OSU vibes to all the others waiting for news!

3 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Thank you, thank you! :lol: <3 <3 

If you have an opportunity to take a class with Jim Phelan (i.e. if narrative theory fits anywhere in your wheelhouse) DO IT! He co-led the 2015 Project Narrative and he is SO COOL! And so smart! And just all-around a great guy. Angus Fletcher was the other faculty member that year - he's also wonderful and brilliant and fantastic AND THIS IS JUST SO EXCITING FOR YOU!

17 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

I GOT ACCEPTED TO OSU!!!

Congrats!!

Unfortunately, Old Bill retired in August from the forums. :(