2018 Acceptances

2 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Accepted to Carnegie Mellon's Literary and Cultural Studies PhD. When I stop shaking, I'll call back and let you all know what I find out! 

Somehow already out of reactions, but HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

14 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Accepted to Carnegie Mellon's Literary and Cultural Studies PhD. When I stop shaking, I'll call back and let you all know what I find out! 

Congratulations!!! What a roller coaster of a day! 

Edited by M(allthevowels)H

3 minutes ago, EspritHabile said:

Waiting this week to hear from OSU was a 3-4 on the "Oh, shit" scale.

Watching the first few OSU acceptances post today hit a solid 8 on the scale.

Checking my portal and almost clicking (thanks, fat fingers on cellphone screen) on the ominous "Accept/Deny" link was a 13.

Is there a fainting room? I'ma need it. 

Congrats!

54 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

oh my goodness! congratulations! you deserve it so much; i'm so happy for you!

Okay, I'm sorry I went doom and gloom so quickly, @Narrative Nancy, @Elle Coronaria, and @bumbleblu. Having scoured past posts more in depth, it does seem that OSU staggers the acceptance posts on the website--although the result board in the most recent years doesn't seem to indicate that. I'm still hanging on to some hope, seeing as 3/4 of the posted acceptances specify rhet/comp and I know @FreakyFoucault and I are in different periods. Hoping that @unræd's input is the golden ticket for those of us still waiting!

5 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Okay, I'm sorry I went doom and gloom so quickly, @Narrative Nancy, @Elle Coronaria, and @bumbleblu. Having scoured past posts more in depth, it does seem that OSU staggers the acceptance posts on the website--although the result board in the most recent years doesn't seem to indicate that. I'm still hanging on to some hope, seeing as 3/4 of the posted acceptances specify rhet/comp and I know @FreakyFoucault and I are in different periods. Hoping that @unræd's input is the golden ticket for those of us still waiting!

No worries, I totally get it. It's a stressful time! Thanks for sharing your findings. I'm keeping the hope alive

1 hour ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Ahhhhh!!!! Congrats! :)