2018 Acceptances

1 hour ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Wait-listed at OSU! Finally, a response!

Yay! They just wanted to make you sweat a little bit first :lol:

17 minutes ago, mads47 said:

I just got an acceptance call from Penn State!! I must have sounded like such a spaz on the phone, because I was literally jumping around my room in excitement. 

Congratulations!!

Thanks everyone! I know it's not a straight acceptance, but it's just a relief to hear something. 

45 minutes ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

Yay! They just wanted to make you sweat a little bit first :lol:

1 hour ago, mads47 said:

Oh, trust me, I'll be sweating til March/April when I hear something more!

1 hour ago, mads47 said:

I just got an acceptance call from Penn State!! I must have sounded like such a spaz on the phone, because I was literally jumping around my room in excitement. 

Congratulations, that is awesome! I have yet to hear back from them, but I am happy someone from here got in! :lol: Would I seem like a crazy person if I emailed the DGS?

Edited by Dogfish Head

Hello everyone! I wish I had found this discussion forum while I was filling out and submitting application--everyone's advice would have been quite helpful back then! But better late than never, I suppose. I just entered the results I have received so far (two interviews, one admission) so that at least the kiddos next year will have the information! 

3 minutes ago, lilybriscoe said:

Hello everyone! I wish I had found this discussion forum while I was filling out and submitting application--everyone's advice would have been quite helpful back then! But better late than never, I suppose. I just entered the results I have received so far (two interviews, one admission) so that at least the kiddos next year will have the information! 

Welcome and congratulations! You and my husband have a few overlaps in schools! What is your research area/period?

31 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

Congratulations, that is awesome! I have yet to hear back from them, but I am happy someone from here got in! :lol: Would I seem like a crazy person if I emailed the DGS?

I'm sure they've dealt with crazier inquiries. :P

33 minutes ago, Dogfish Head said:

Would I seem like a crazy person if I emailed the DGS?

You should wait till the end of the week before you do. They are definitely making individual calls, and the person I spoke with mentioned that they are behind schedule. 

15 minutes ago, mads47 said:

You should wait till the end of the week before you do. They are definitely making individual calls, and the person I spoke with mentioned that they are behind schedule. 

Rad, thank you for the information! B)