2018 Acceptances

11 minutes ago, CulturalCriminal said:

Not a flat-out acceptance, but I got waitlisted for UT-Austin’s AmStudies PhD!

4 minutes ago, evanmarie said:

Not in English, but got my first response today-waitlisted at UT Austin in am studies 

Congrats you two! Maybe future cohort mates?

28 minutes ago, evanmarie said:

Not in English, but got my first response today-waitlisted at UT Austin in am studies 

35 minutes ago, CulturalCriminal said:

Not a flat-out acceptance, but I got waitlisted for UT-Austin’s AmStudies PhD!

Congrats you two! I'm with @mk-8 you should exchange info!

1 hour ago, Narrative Nancy said:

I'm on the wait list for OSU! 

Congrats and good luck!

Hello! I've been lurking here forever. Sorry I was too shy to join in the fun earlier.

I just wanna say that I've just got an acceptance call from Penn State like an hour and a half ago. So for those who are still waiting to hear from this school, know that they're still sending out acceptances today! Hope you'll hear some news soon. This waiting game is definitely... uncomfortable, to say the least.

32 minutes ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

Hello! I've been lurking here forever. Sorry I was too shy to join in the fun earlier.

I just wanna say that I've just got an acceptance call from Penn State like an hour and a half ago. So for those who are still waiting to hear from this school, know that they're still sending out acceptances today! Hope you'll hear some news soon. This waiting game is definitely... uncomfortable, to say the least.

Congrats on the acceptance! They started calls at 7:30 this morning? Woah!

1 hour ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

Congratulations!! 

56 minutes ago, Warelin said:

Congrats on the acceptance! They started calls at 7:30 this morning? Woah!

Maybe because I’m an international applicant living in Southeast Asia, and they were trying to get around the time difference? It was 7:30 PM my time. 

11 minutes ago, Narrative Nancy said:

Congratulations!! 

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

This is good news, thank you for this post! Did they say how many more people they had to notify?

4 hours ago, bigfluffybearcat said:

Congratulations!!

Ha, freaky timing @evanmarie, I was just thinking about UMass and doing some daydream Yelp research in Amherst to pick out restaurants. Everyone needs a hobby. ;) I applied with a concentration in rhet/comp. By "just heard", do you mean you were accepted? If so, congrats!!! :):):) 

15 minutes ago, snickus said:

Ha, freaky timing @evanmarie, I was just thinking about UMass and doing some daydream Yelp research in Amherst to pick out restaurants. Everyone needs a hobby. ;) I applied with a concentration in rhet/comp. By "just heard", do you mean you were accepted? If so, congrats!!! :):):) 

oops yes! Was accepted (I am an American Studies focus!) 

5 minutes ago, kinoko said:

I just got a phone call from UC Santa Cruz accepting me into their PhD Literature program!! I still don't know how to properly reply to things so congrats to those that have gotten acceptances! 

I read this as UCSB and my heart stopped. Congrats! That's incredible!