2018 Acceptances

All of these acceptances are making me smile! I'm sitting here nervously waiting for any responses from the schools I applied to, lol; at least I have final semester classes to keep me busy! 

Congrats to everyone who received good news today! I'm going to *try* to disconnect from my computer/phone for as long as I can with the hope of regaining some sanity. 

8 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I just got accepted to the University of Minnesota!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!! I was completely shut out last year so this is just unreal. I'm so thrilled!! 

That is so amazing! CONGRATULATIONS!

Wow, such activity! I love it. So happy to see people get in so many cool programs. Massive congrats, @a_sort_of_fractious_angel, @FreakyFoucault, @EspritHabile, @bumbleblu, and @clinamen (I think that's everyone but just in case congrats to all)!!

On 1/22/2018 at 6:22 PM, jrockford27 said:

Congrats.  I did my undergrad at UMN English.  My interactions with CSCL were limited but all positive!  It may please you to know that one of my grad instructors from that dept. interviewed for and received a tenure track job during the course of the class I was taking from him.  Minneapolis is a wonderful city, though I'm a bit biased having been born and raised in the area.  However, Prince once told Oprah that he would never move away from Minnesota because "the cold keeps all of the jerks away."  Good luck with the rest of the process.

Also, as you probably know, you would be living a stonesthrow from the birthplace of your namesake! 

Super delayed response, but thanks for the well wishes and for passing all that on!! Very heartening to hear about the tenure track job for sure. And I've actually never been to Minneapolis--shameful, as I'm a rabid Replacements (and of course MST3K) fan. I'm excited to visit!

37 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

Wow, such activity! I love it. So happy to see people get in so many cool programs. Massive congrats, @a_sort_of_fractious_angel, @FreakyFoucault, @EspritHabile, @bumbleblu, and @clinamen (I think that's everyone but just in case congrats to all)!!

Thanks, Crow!!! :)

1 hour ago, punctilious said:

That is so amazing! CONGRATULATIONS!

1 hour ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

YAAAS!!! 

1 hour ago, Warelin said:

Congrats!!! :)

1 hour ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

CONGRATS!!

1 hour ago, FreakyFoucault said:

YAYY!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! 

43 minutes ago, Crow T. Robot said:

THANK YOU guys so so much, I'm absolutely over the moon!! :))) 

I think the same person posted a thread here:

As always, gre averages are tricky. GradCafe tends to attract applicants with higher scores. At times, v+q scores can be flopped accidentally. But it is nicely done. :)

@Warelin right! didn't notice :)  

I would say that not only are GRE averages tricky, but that they are not very relevant to literature programs unless they are very bad. The only really interesting bit is the decisions timelines - interesting to see which programs notify all at once and which do so gradually over a long period of time.

Edited by id_ot