2018 Acceptances

Husband was waitlisted at Maryland! Not exactly the result we were hoping for, but still promising as it says he is at "the very top of the wait list for admission that [they] anticipate being able to make in [his] field." Here's hoping that the accepted individual has better offers!

27 minutes ago, clinamen said:

I was accepted to Boston College this morning!! Total shock!! :D

Congratulations!! That's so awesome. Any details on how the acceptance came in/what it said? We are waiting on BC (although with little expectations).

17 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Congratulations!! That's so awesome. Any details on how the acceptance came in/what it said? We are waiting on BC (although with little expectations).

Thank you, and thank you EVERYONE (I would tag you all but I'm rushing out the door!)!! I was emailed by the DGS at 8:30 am (west coast). She asked for the best time to follow up with a phone call, she mentioned setting up a visit etc. :) SO THRILLED !! 

Edit: Congrats on the Maryland waitlist!!! 

Edited by clinamen
congrats on the waitlist!

36 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Husband was waitlisted at Maryland! Not exactly the result we were hoping for, but still promising as it says he is at "the very top of the wait list for admission that [they] anticipate being able to make in [his] field." Here's hoping that the accepted individual has better offers!

Yayyy!!! Of course, I, too, will be hoping that the accepted individual takes a hike somwhere else. But still, congrats! 

Edited by FreakyFoucault

I think it is fair to assume at this point that I have been rejected from PSU and Maryland despite hearing nothing from either. They were both reaches so I am not too surprised. I still have 6 other programs to hear from so hopefully I won't strike out completely. Sincerest congratulations to all those who were accepted, though! :)

Edited by Dogfish Head

4 hours ago, punctilious said:

Congrats! May the accepted individual go elsewhere, or win the lottery/get a large inheritance and decide academia is for the birds anyway. 

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Got into Chicago!!! So excited!

Congrats!!

38 minutes ago, midwest-ford said:

Just got accepted into the University of Massachusetts-Amherst PhD in rhetoric and composition! 

Niiiice!